Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
That game does not happen for another 6 weeks, The 30th April

Indeed, got it confused with Burnley's away game at Norwich.

Play 5 games before that date v West Ham, Burnley, Man. United, Leicester at home and reds*** so I'm not expecting the gap to 17th to increase at all so that will be a pretty crucial weekend. Then got Chelsea at home the day after, hopefully they're still in CL around that time as may rest a few.

Will be interesting what happens in Watford-Burnley which is happening soon.

Obvious 6 pointer and a draw would be great. Whoever wins that is obviously the biggest threat going into the final weeks.

Really hope the squad dosen't just dine out on beating Newcastle for weeks now. If they think it's pretty much job done they are very much mistaken. All it takes is losing at Burnley and then Burnley going to Norwich and winning and they'll be likely out of relegation zone by start of May and then it will be real panic stations.

Thats bugged me for a while. One win. Some of them all over social media like they've won the effing league.
I find it real small time and a bit cringe tbh. And thats what concerns me about the run in. I think they're going to bottle it big time.
Hope im wrong.

Yeah because a manager who took us from a relegation battle to 8th in a season would be a terrible idea right now wouldn't it ?

I wonder if back then if Sam had continued the trend Koeman was showing if he would still be supported like Frank is. No Sam actually did a brilliant job and took us up to 8th and got sacked for it.
No he didn’t, and no he didn’t!

Do the next two matches being away from home mean we will just write both games off and expect zero points?

If we do get any it's a bonus?

You know you've got things out of whack when you see news reports on the telly about Russia being prepared to use nuclear weapons and you think "'kin ell, this is an unfolding nightmare, this barbarism needs to end now"....and then your next thought is "...at least we defo wont get relegated". :Blink:

You know you've got things out of whack when you see news reports on the telly about Russia being prepared to use nuclear weapons and you think "'kin ell, this is an unfolding nightmare, this barbarism needs to end now"....and then your next thought is "...at least we defo wont get relegated". :Blink:
A rare genuinely sincere post from dave here, sharing his feelings as an Evertonian in the hope that others empathise. Great to see.

Neves been ruled out until May so Burnley will be playing Wolves at home without him.

Burnley actually unbeaten in their last 6 games v Wolves so they'll be viewing playing them and Southampton at home with 72 hours as their chance to get out of the bottom 3.

End of April is the crucial period for the relegation scrap.

Neves been ruled out until May so Burnley will be playing Wolves at home without him.

Burnley actually unbeaten in their last 6 games v Wolves so they'll be viewing playing them and Southampton at home with 72 hours as their chance to get out of the bottom 3.

End of April is the crucial period for the relegation scrap.

Not being funny but if we were playing 2 games in 72 hours people would be spinning it as a negative because we’ve had no rest period.

Status
Not open for further replies.