Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need at least 10 points from the remaining games over the next two months. We have only achieved 9 points during the previous 6 months..

We average just over a point and a half per month in this time. Not likely given the last 6 months we will get 10 points.

Added to the fact Burnley hadn’t won a match until this year. They have now won three. Puts them in better form than us.

Burnley have lost their last three games without scoring a goal.

And they drew 1-1 in the game before that.

One point from the last twelve available to our three in the same period.

They aren’t in any better form than us.

The greater threat to us comes from Watford IMO.

They have taken four points from the last twelve….but unlike us and Burnley, they score a few goals.

you can’t say lampard is taking us down as we don’t know he’s walked in to a club in a mess and fat boy amongst others has done some of it.

try and support us and the manager lad

your not telepathic stop trying to be
I will of course get behind the team. But I am strongly expecting 3 losses in a row coming up and by the end of that week to be hot relegation favourites. The stats and performances all point towards this under lampard.

The team went through our worst run of form in our PL history prior to Lampard being appointed. Why would you expect him to start winning comfortably every week?

The team are crap. A good team doesn't go 1 win in 14 and get a manager sacked. Newcastle had only lost one of their last 8 - to the european champions by a single goal. Beating them 1 nil was a perfectly acceptable result, and wasn't lucky. In fact things went against us that match.

If we avoid relegation, then I hope you admit you were wrong about the manager, and all of us who you are calling clueless
I don't mean to sound condenscending when I say clueless fans. It's more that I feel people aren't considering the stats and performances under lampard in comparison to benitez as well as the players he had available in comparison to benitez but I'm bored going on about it.

I will be over the moon if we stay up and if we do I will be more than happy to see what lampard can do next season. But I feel we would have a better chance staying up with someone more experienced in this situation and feel lampards inexperience is going to cost us in the situation we are in

Any chance our only capable defender Mina will be back in a couple of weeks? A none match fit mina is much better than the rest of them. I think we need him to get out of this.
Frank said a few weeks in the press conference last Wednesday so hopefully not too long after the international break

You lost all credibility when you looked for big Sam to come back
Yeah because a manager who took us from a relegation battle to 8th in a season would be a terrible idea right now wouldn't it ?

I wonder if back then if Sam had continued the trend Koeman was showing if he would still be supported like Frank is. No Sam actually did a brilliant job and took us up to 8th and got sacked for it.

Yeah because a manager who took us from a relegation battle to 8th in a season would be a terrible idea right now wouldn't it ?

I wonder if back then if Sam had continued the trend Koeman was showing if he would still be supported like Frank is. No Sam actually did a brilliant job and took us up to 8th and got sacked for it.
We were not In a relegation battle when he took over. Stop telling lies .
Sam spent 50 million plus on tosun and Walcott. Brilliant signings.
Sam got relegated last season and in his whole career won nothing .
Give your head a wobble.

I will never ever get people saying that, we were 13th with 15 points off 14 games after unsworth's 4-0 west ham win (6 points off 8th or 5 points above the bottom 3), After his 1st game the 2-0 win v Huddersfield we were 10th with 18 points from 15 (4 points off 8th or 7 off 6th/7th), he had the chance to change the way people thought of him with the start he was given v the teams we played, the one we lost v Burnley in the march we could have been joint 7th with 9 games left but he never changed anything the way he played

Last edited:
We were not In a relegation battle when he took over. Stop telling lies .
Sam spent 50 million plus on tosun and Walcott. Brilliant signings.
Sam got relegated last season and in his whole career won nothing .
Give your head a wobble.
I’m no Big Sam fan but we were in a relegation battle prior to him coming in. At least give him credit for keeping us up.

I will never ever get people saying that, we were 13th with 15 points off 14 games after unsworth's 4-0 west ham win (6 points off 8th or 5 points above the bottom 3), After his 1st game the 2-0 win v Huddersfield we were 10th with 18 points from 15 (4 points off 8th or 7 off 6th/7th), he had the chance to change the way people thought of him with the start he was given v the teams we played, the one we lost v Burnley in the march we could have been joint 7th with 9 games left but he never changed anything the way he played
Spot on. Even when the team were safe Allardyce just did more of the mundane same, absolutely horrific tactics which proved he couldn’t evolve as a coach. Years ago the fella was a stats/ data pioneer but everyone else caught up and overtook him. He’s happily banded himself about and created a myth of how good he is but now he’s got a team relegated on his cv that myth has been busted. He is, however, the most successful England manager of all time.

I’m no Big Sam fan but we were in a relegation battle prior to him coming in. At least give him credit for keeping us up.
No we were not. As @Ring master explained

will never ever get people saying that, we were 13th with 15 points off 14 games after unsworth's 4-0 west ham win (6 points off 8th or 5 points above the bottom 3), After his 1st game the 2-0 win v Huddersfield we were 10th with 18 points from 15 (4 points off 8th or 7 off 6th/7th), he had the chance to change the way people thought of him with the start he was given v the teams we played, the one we lost v Burnley in the march we could have been joint 7th with 9 games left but he never changed anything the way he played

I hope that Everton will get enough points (35 should be enough). My main concern is Lampard trusting the same wasters who’ve overseen this seasons numerous shambles. Get some new blood in please, they won’t be bogged down with fear like the rest of these losers!

I hope that Everton will get enough points (35 should be enough). My main concern is Lampard trusting the same wasters who’ve overseen this seasons numerous shambles. Get some new blood in please, they won’t be bogged down with fear like the rest of these losers!
The last thing we need is to be going into the man utd game 1 point ahead of Burnley if the previous weeks games have gone wrong, with the little break we then have after that Man utd game - off course in the other way hopefully but it may never happen as its us, it could turn out to be the best week we could hope for if everything goes right

Status
Not open for further replies.