Relegation 23/24 Thread

Luton need to earn 20% of their total points earned over 34 games so far this season in just 4 games to match the points we're on now.

That figure is 15% for Forest.

There's a reason the bookies don't think we're getting relegated.

I'd rather see Forest drop. Luton would be guaranteed to take up one of the relegation spots next season meaning a better chance for us.

Really good point. Luton will struggle to even make 30 points now but still possible they stay up on a technicality based on Forest and if they struggle to win another game which is very possible.

So Luton getting a low points haul in a weak league and the standard at the bottom will be higher next year with what is coming up so they'll be odds on to finish 20th.

Who knows what 10 new signings Forest will come up with that will probably be worse than the existing team but they do have the finances to still sign top level players so the less around the bottom six that can do that the better for this club's prospects next season.

I thought the first and third were pretty clear penalties. Young going through the back of a player regardless of how much contact was made.

I agree on the handball. It's from very close and his arm, even if extended, is in a totally natural position and according to the law.....

• touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised
Given Young's movement in that specific situation it's not an offence. It's the clearest non-penalty of the three.
Think all three get given early in the season and that’ll be the source of Forest’s frustration.

Think refs, and VAR in particular, are moving towards less harsh interpretations of incidents where there’s no real intent.

We’ve had two penalties denied in recent weeks to DCL and Garner where there’s been the same level of contact as Young made with his. I’d argue they were more blatant trips. But the pattern now seems to be that not all contact is being considered a penalty.

This seems to be a change (I remember early season Wolves got a few very minimal penalties given against them) and maybe if there’s a change in policy that should be communicated better, but I thought the decisions yesterday were consistent with the pattern of decisions we’ve had at the other end recently.

Its a pity we play Brentofrd so soon after the derby. They're rating up waiting for us while we have Liverpool in 2 days time.

Brentford will be tougher because of that.

I believe we can get a point out of the next two games though. I sense confidence. A point will do it IMO.
We won't now win another game this season.

Really good point. Luton will struggle to even make 30 points now but still possible they stay up on a technicality based on Forest and if they struggle to win another game which is very possible.

So Luton getting a low points haul in a weak league and the standard at the bottom will be higher next year with what is coming up so they'll be odds on to finish 20th.

Who knows what 10 new signings Forest will come up with that will probably be worse than the existing team but they do have the finances to still sign top level players so the less around the bottom six that can do that the better for this club's prospects next season.
Plus Leicestershire getting a points deduction too. Deffo with you on Luton hopefully staying up.

I think it's more that we know another point + our superior GD is going to set Luton and Burnley a total they stand almost zero chance of reaching.

Not complacency, just rationalising.

Apparently Opta have us at less than 1% to go down now. I'd be cautious and say less than 5%.
Best odds are 14/1 for relegation so about a7% chance

Plus Leicestershire getting a points deduction too. Deffo with you on Luton hopefully staying up.

Leicester will know what they're on in mid August most likely. -4 and that really shouldn't relegate them with over 100 points to play for. Think it's better if they just get severe restrictions on transfers as they still have a decent core of top level experience in James Justin, Coady, Ndidi, Dewsbury-Hall, Vardy, Iheanacho so adding another 3-4 and they should be o.k.

Definitely better for us if Luton stay up. So with an eye on next season let’s just win these two this week then gift Luton the points at theirs. Easy.