Relegation 23/24 Thread

Yep.

I have to say this: it;s nice to be in a position to predict or at least project a win today that gets us out of this mess, but it really means f.a. if this team cant improve its level of performance by at least 50% over the last few weeks.

This is a huge hurdle to get over. We might need to accept that a draw isn't catastrophic and that the game against Sheff Utd is the one we get safe with.

We have it all to do today. I said on the match thread I thought we'd win 2-0. Bravado I think. We enter this game as narrow 2nd favourites and the crowd before and during the game needs to make up the gap between us and Forest for us to prevail.

I don't feel confident, but I don't feel negative about this either. Its a strange one.

Bottom line: we need our goal scorers to turn up or the mood and tide will turn against us.
Agreed, a draw though not desirable is not a complete disaster. It would just mean we have to pick up points elsewhere, and I fully expect that against Sheff Utd.

I still maintain that a win today puts us all but safe, provided we don't lose our game against Luton.

Yep.

I have to say this: it;s nice to be in a position to predict or at least project a win today that gets us out of this mess, but it really means f.a. if this team cant improve its level of performance by at least 50% over the last few weeks.

This is a huge hurdle to get over. We might need to accept that a draw isn't catastrophic and that the game against Sheff Utd is the one we get safe with.

We have it all to do today. I said on the match thread I thought we'd win 2-0. Bravado I think. We enter this game as narrow 2nd favourites and the crowd before and during the game needs to make up the gap between us and Forest for us to prevail.

I don't feel confident, but I don't feel negative about this either. Its a strange one.

Bottom line: we need our goal scorers to turn up or the mood and tide will turn against us.
Agree completely with this. I just hope the players how lucky (if that’s the word to use) they are in being able to pretty much (not completely) secure another of a PL status having only won 2 in 16, and with another 5 games to play after today. With all that’s gone on this year deductions and a horrendous run of results), I think that’s about as good a situation as we could have hoped for.