Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.

I have to say this: it;s nice to be in a position to predict or at least project a win today that gets us out of this mess, but it really means f.a. if this team cant improve its level of performance by at least 50% over the last few weeks.

This is a huge hurdle to get over. We might need to accept that a draw isn't catastrophic and that the game against Sheff Utd is the one we get safe with.

We have it all to do today. I said on the match thread I thought we'd win 2-0. Bravado I think. We enter this game as narrow 2nd favourites and the crowd before and during the game needs to make up the gap between us and Forest for us to prevail.

I don't feel confident, but I don't feel negative about this either. Its a strange one.

Bottom line: we need our goal scorers to turn up or the mood and tide will turn against us.
Agreed, a draw though not desirable is not a complete disaster. It would just mean we have to pick up points elsewhere, and I fully expect that against Sheff Utd.

I still maintain that a win today puts us all but safe, provided we don't lose our game against Luton.

Yep.

I have to say this: it;s nice to be in a position to predict or at least project a win today that gets us out of this mess, but it really means f.a. if this team cant improve its level of performance by at least 50% over the last few weeks.

This is a huge hurdle to get over. We might need to accept that a draw isn't catastrophic and that the game against Sheff Utd is the one we get safe with.

We have it all to do today. I said on the match thread I thought we'd win 2-0. Bravado I think. We enter this game as narrow 2nd favourites and the crowd before and during the game needs to make up the gap between us and Forest for us to prevail.

I don't feel confident, but I don't feel negative about this either. Its a strange one.

Bottom line: we need our goal scorers to turn up or the mood and tide will turn against us.
Agree completely with this. I just hope the players how lucky (if that’s the word to use) they are in being able to pretty much (not completely) secure another of a PL status having only won 2 in 16, and with another 5 games to play after today. With all that’s gone on this year deductions and a horrendous run of results), I think that’s about as good a situation as we could have hoped for.

...already achieved by us. :mad:
I know, but that has to be put out of mind.

Is even forget about any points target, just pick up as many as we can in the remaining games and trust that will be enough

We are lucky that it's still in our own hands

Status
Not open for further replies.