Relegation 23/24 Thread

Not a bad set of results for us at all yesterday.

Regardless of who the games in hand are against, Luton and Forest will be looking at our league position with envy. Having clear daylight between us and the bottom 4 having played 2 games less at this stage of the season - after all the off the pitch nonsense that’s surrounded us - is a better position than where we have been in the last 2 seasons.

A point at Chelsea would be huge.

Never bring a knife to a gunfight lads...

Rhythm is a dancer
It's a soul's companion
You can feel it everywhere
Lift your hands and voices
Free your mind and join us
You can feel it in the air

Oh-oh, it's a passion
Oh-oh, you can feel it in the air
Oh-oh, it's a passion
Oh-oh, oh, oh, oh

Rhythm is a dancer
It's a soul's companion

Oh-oh, it's a passion
Oh-oh, it's a passion
Oh-oh, oh, oh, oh

Rhythm, you can feel it, you can feel it
Rhythm, rhythm is a dancer

Let the rhythm ride you, guide you, sneak inside you, set your mind to
Move to its' pulsation, bass vibrations, synth sensation
Pause is not a place in mind and body must be free to
Please take it all in, nothing to lose, everything to win
Let it control you, hold you, mold you back to order
New touch, it taste, it free your soul and let it face you
Got to be what you wanna, if the groove don't get you, the rifle's gonna
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer

Rhythm is a dancer
It's a soul's companion

Oh-oh, it's a passion
Oh-oh, it's a passion
Oh-oh, oh, oh, oh

Come on City & Wolves
Don't remember it. How does the tune go? Hum it.

Fingers crossed for a big performance from Brentford next weekend!
Toney needs goals if he wants a Euro’s spot. I think that ensures Brentford won’t be “ on the beach” for their last 5-6 games....plus they’ll want his value to increase as high as possible.

Toney needs goals if he wants a Euro’s spot. I think that ensures Brentford won’t be “ on the beach” for their last 5-6 games....plus they’ll want his value to increase as high as possible.

…I never get this ‘on the beach’ view. Professional footballers will play with a freedom when the relegation pressure is off, more likely to enjoy themselves and want to push opposition into the mire. I’d have much preferred Brentford to be in the mix when we play them, their situation makes this a more difficult game for us.

There’s a bit of the ‘crazy gang’ about Brentford, I can see them looking forward to our game, my hope is that we’re just better than them anyway.

For me, it’ll be a huge plus if we don’t lose at Luton. That could be a very difficult atmosphere to overcome.

Is it on Dyche for not attacking more or players for not finishing what's created?
For a good part of the season our chances created was really high....over 40 alone v Utd home and away. For me it’s purely on the team not putting away even a measly 25-30% of the numerous chances we’ve made. Luton and Fulham at home were really costly defeats and both down to woeful finishing.

Never seen his interview but I'd be shocked if he's anywhere close to throwing the towel in. Id imagine he went into his players and said that's the last game we don't have a chance in. Next week we have a winnable home match, while the 2 above us play each other. 1 or both are guaranteed to drop points. I'm sure after getting city out of the way, forest failing to pull away and us away to Chelsea he's rubbing his hands for next week.
He sounded like a man piling up the excuses. And given their injury list isn't going to get any shorter for the next few weeks it was very strange to hear him laughing at how desperate his selection had to be.

Not someone coping with the pressure I'd say.

That absolute beaut Micah Richards saying Luton done very very well today.
Brilliant analysis
It's always the same when the top 6 batter someone. I remember a few years ago we drew against Liverpool by being utter yard dogs and got criticism for our approach the following week they battered someone (can't remember who) and praise was given as they had a go at Liverpool..

That point at Newcastle and the ugly win last week could turn out to be huge.
I’d settle sadly for even uglier next Sunday if it means we don’t get beat, ditto Luton away.
Dycheball could strangely keep our heads just above water.
Dycheball would have us well clear and this thread would be closed but the PLs battle with external regulations has us in this position.

Forget the fact that as a football team we are crap.

The points deductions are timed to ensure our relegation.

First points deduction comes, we fight through that and get ourselves into a stable position.

Second points deduction comes and the premier leagues deduction puts us in another precarious position fortunately for us is distracted and cushioned by what they give Forest.

Unfortunately for us, but fortunately for the premier league they still have one more charge hanging over us so that if we manage to survive by the odd point or two they can throw it at us and finish the job off.

Our only saviours are the crap players that we have.

Since I have watched football the bottom teams each always have a shock 3 or 4 nil win irrespective of them staying up or going down but Everton, the leaders in all that is crap will be the first team not to achieve this.

We are desperate for at least a point at Chelski and two wins from out three home games, can’t see one TBH.

Forget the fact that as a football team we are crap.

The points deductions are timed to ensure our relegation.

First points deduction comes, we fight through that and get ourselves into a stable position.

Second points deduction comes and the premier leagues deduction puts us in another precarious position fortunately for us is distracted and cushioned by what they give Forest.

Unfortunately for us, but fortunately for the premier league they still have one more charge hanging over us so that if we manage to survive by the odd point or two they can throw it at us and finish the job off.

Our only saviours are the crap players that we have.

Since I have watched football the bottom teams each always have a shock 3 or 4 nil win irrespective of them staying up or going down but Everton, the leaders in all that is crap will be the first team not to achieve this.

We are desperate for at least a point at Chelski and two wins from out three home games, can’t see one TBH.

Isn’t the point of a shock win the fact you don’t see it coming? How many people saw us beating Brighton 5-1 away last season?

At least it’s all in our hands regardless of the points deductions, last weeks results were very good, if we can grab another point tomorrow we go into the forest game with the chance to create some much needed separation. Hopefully the win against Burnley will give them a boost of confidence