Relegation 23/24 Thread

Yeah… myself and Nobby are talking about 2 different things. I don’t disagree that Forest play better football than us or Luton are more exciting to watch.

But, while the club is in limbo with finances and ownership, we’re not going to see wholesale changes in how the club operates or have an overhaul in playing personnel. In the meantime, our priority is to stay in the Premier League… given the current state of the club, I’ll take points on the board over playing style every day of the week.

You quite rightly say we won’t progress, and the changes have to come sooner rather than later. Absolutely nothing about the club right now is sustainable, and if we don’t go down this season, it won’t be far off in the future if these changes (top to bottom) don’t come about.
Can’t really argue with any of that.

Can’t really argue with any of that.

I’ve said from day one of this season, our aim should be to achieve safety (ideally with a handful of games to go) by hook or by crook. If it wasn’t for the point deduction debacle, we’d be well on track for that.

I fully appreciate the frustration around our football… I think it’s just the hideous mismanagement of the club over the last few years manifesting itself.

I’ve said from day one of this season, our aim should be to achieve safety (ideally with a handful of games to go) by hook or by crook. If it wasn’t for the point deduction debacle, we’d be well on track for that.

I fully appreciate the frustration around our football… I think it’s just the hideous mismanagement of the club over the last few years manifesting itself.
Foe me Koeman was the catalyst for all that’s transpired since but that’s another argument. What really grinds my gears is that Luton and Forest don’t have players that are infinitely better than ours but with good coaching they play much better than we do and that’s down to the manager and coaching staff.

Foe me Koeman was the catalyst for all that’s transpired since but that’s another argument. What really grinds my gears is that Luton and Forest don’t have players that are infinitely better than ours but with good coaching they play much better than we do and that’s down to the manager and coaching staff.

I’d say the catalyst was Moshiri getting in a manager and DOF who weren’t suited to the roles and didn’t work cohesively (not to mention others sticking their noses in), but as you say, that’s for another thread…

Years of chopping and changing with no coherent plan from that point has got us where we are today. To get out of it, we need wholesale changes… until that point we’re treading water at best.