Relegation 23/24 Thread

We NEED relegation. There's no other way out of this purgatory.
We need a complete reset, the club, the team, the finances.
If that means several seasons out of the Premiership, then so be it. Most of us hate the bloody thing anyway.

If that means several seasons out of the Premiership, then so be it. Most of us hate the bloody thing anyway.
In some ways I think it might have been better for everyone's well being if we had just gone down two years ago. Like having a massive coronary is better than spending several years dying of a slow-progressing untreatable cancer where each day is worse than the last.

hello darkness our old friend

This club needs to be reborn because whatever our vision is for competing in the PL. That vision has turned into a nightmare.

Well, put it this way: our current agonies don't seem a whole lot more appealing than relegation and years of purgatory in the lower leagues. If Everton cannot compete toward the top of the top flight, then I don't really think there's much point in existing lower down the division...or pyramid. Six in one and half a dozen in the other for me.

"But we'll be ruined and fall through the leagues!". So what? We're a zombie club run by incompetent and/or corrupt people right now with no plan to improve the situation. Too many Evertonians think survival is enough. It isn't. If that is the limit of our ambition, a drop into the Championship will be required to truly reboot ambition - even if it takes a generation.

I don’t worry about playing in lower leagues , it’s more the prospect of administration and other disasters like ending up not owning the new stadium having just left our historic old home. I think a lot of fans are ignoring how precarious it all is off the pitch

It’s in that context that I couldn’t care less about how we go about staying up right now. Everything for me should me about assessing the risk of relegation. Keep him or change up right now? I still feel pretty sure that we are finishing above 3 other teams so I’d prefer stick as I trust Dyche the dullard to scrape us thru much more than I do the club to make the right decision on the next guy

Well, put it this way: our current agonies don't seem a whole lot more appealing than relegation and years of purgatory in the lower leagues. If Everton cannot compete toward the top of the top flight, then I don't really think there's much point in existing lower down the division...or pyramid. Six in one and half a dozen in the other for me.

"But we'll be ruined and fall through the leagues!". So what? We're a zombie club run by incompetent and/or corrupt people right now with no plan to improve the situation. Too many Evertonians think survival is enough. It isn't. If that is the limit of our ambition, a drop into the Championship will be required to truly reboot ambition - even if it takes a generation.
Couldn't have put it better.
Our reputation is in tatters and we are a laughing stock.
The one thing I'll be sorry to lose is our standing as the second longest participants of the First Division/PL behind Arsenal. Listen to me, celebrating a second place.

Couldn't have put it better.
Our reputation is in tatters and we are a laughing stock.
The one thing I'll be sorry to lose is our standing as the second longest participants of the First Division/PL behind Arsenal. Listen to me, celebrating a second place.
We'll still be the club with the most seasons in the top flight. We're miles ahead of Villa and Arsenal. We would hold that record even if we take a decade to come back up.