Relegation 23/24 Thread

Praying Forest get a bigger deduction than us, and our second punishment is not a points one (this season).

Strangely enough enough we may want Luton to beat Forest :D

Its like a never ending nightmare or slow torture.
Our 2nd will be points deduction, just a matter of how much. The last report said any breach equals sporting advantage, so it will difinitely be points.

We can argue double jeopardy for 2 3rds which might end up being 2 points, they might add 1 or 2 because our situation shows no sign of getting better but double jeopardy rules do not exist in PL PSR rules so it could be 6 again.

The PL wanted 10-12 all along so I can see the second being 4-6 and potentially reduced on appeal.

Doesn`t become an issue if you have a manager who knows how to get results, win just 1 or 2 of them 11 we could have been8-10 clear of Luton right now.

Joint worst form in the PL with Burnley right now, in that time Luton have won 7 more points on us, Sheff Utd won 1 point more, Forest won 5 points more and Crystal Palace won 7 more than us yet we`ll be OK and everyone else is in trouble?!? This club is bottom of the form table for a reason and while that remains the case the higher the chance we are gone.

Dyche has pissed this chance at a big club away, he isn`t good enough, I`d get Moyes back. West Ham don`t want him....

1710009725775.png

One thing I can see going against us is that there are a number of players in our squad that must know they aren't playing for Everton next season:
  • Onana - will be sold as we need the money
  • Branthwaite - will be sold because he's far too good for us and we need the money
  • Harrison - loan and seriously disappointed and will not be signed
  • Danjuma - loan and has barely featured and won't be signed
  • Gomes - out of contract
  • Alli - out of contract
When you're deep in a relegation fight and need everybody to pull their tripes out for 95 minutes a game, it's not ideal if your relegation will mean absolutely nothing to quarter of the squad.

If we need a win against Arsenal in the final game, is Onana really going to give 110% knowing that an injury might scupper a move he's been planning for ages?

Let's hope it doesn't get to us needing points in the final game.

I hate people who romanticise the championship, it's so weird to me. The league is football hell.
Not romanticised it for one moment but I'm saying it's more enjoyable to watch.
It's been a long while since coming away from Goodison having enjoyed watching a game.

One thing I can see going against us is that there are a number of players in our squad that must know they aren't playing for Everton next season:
  • Branthwaite - will be sold because he's far too good for us and we need the money
  • Alli - out of contract
When you're deep in a relegation fight and need everybody to pull their tripes out for 95 minutes a game, it's not ideal if your relegation will mean absolutely nothing to quarter of the squad.

If we need a win against Arsenal in the final game, is Onana really going to give 110% knowing that an injury might scupper a move he's been planning for ages?

Go through the squad and put together a list of players that would really care if we got relegated, you'll struggle to put down 5 names.
Theyll already be getting their agents to sort potential moves in case we go.

Go through the squad and put together a list of players that would really care if we got relegated,you'll struggle to put down 5 names.
Theyll already be getting their agents to sort potential moves in case we go.
That's how i think they will think. As long as they get their hundreds of 1000's or whatever, they wont care as they just go somewhere else, we may get the odd one or so that would actually genuinely care. while we have to deal with everything. Saying that i still think we will just about stay up, as i did do the last few years.

• Alli - out of contract

Wages their on you’d hope they wouldn’t think like that