Relegation 23/24 Thread

We have won 8 and drawn 4 of our games this season.

That is 28 points before our points were stolen.

About 1.27 points per game.

16 games left.

If we maintain that average it will give us 20 more points ti add to our current 18.

38 points….that will be safety IMO.

Though as @Eggs implies, no more stolen points is absolute key to this.

That run had plenty of away wins though. Looking at what's left....both Manchester clubs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Newcastle...usually get little at most of those grounds nowadays so that would leave Brighton where there's a pretty good recent record, Bournemouth which isn't a good record at all and Luton which is the obvious six pointer do or die.

To get up to 38 points probably going to need to win 5 of the last 8 at Goodison which won't be easy at all given the chronic lack of goals again.

Absolutely infuriating that we're still discussing this...
Should be comfortably sat In midtable if it wasn't for a bunch of spineless cretins looking to make an example of someone,
and a bunch of clueless idiots including the worlds worst accountant giving them the perfect excuse

We may get the points back, we may not, I`m not letting up and I don`t expect the players to until we are safe... we won`t accumulate another 27 points in the next 17 games, that is for sure.

Next 3 are

Fulham away
Spurs home
City away

How many points are we getting from them, after today and how we`ve played this year I`d say 0 (Zero)
You got that wrong then.

But what’s the point? You happy to plod along at the bottom of the PL every season watching dire footballers and scraping up by a point or two?

We are back to pre-Moyes levels and the PL is a closed shop for the scab 6.

Where is the enjoyment in this?
That question applies to most of the Premier League teams.

Well you keep banging on about how crucial Coleman is so he must be a big miss too.

What about Gana and Onana?

Yes glad you agree finally Coleman is a loss 😉

For the midfield its just wrong to quote numbers of missing bodies when Gana and Onana are not going to play alongside or instead of the superiror Garner and Doucs. One missing maybe yes in a five but not both.

We've won 47% more points than Luton so the evidence is quite compelling.

They've had our pants down twice at our place and generally look a threat on the pitch so yes I'd say they are currently a better team

For the midfield its just wrong to quote numbers of missing bodies when Gana and Onana are not going to play alongside or instead of the superiror Garner and Doucs. One missing maybe yes in a five but not both.

They've had our pants down twice at our place and generally look a threat on the pitch so yes I'd say they are currently a better team

What on earth are you on about? Onana plays every single game, as well as both of those players. If Onana is injured, then Gana would come in. We didn’t have that option though because he was away on international duty. In that instance, Gomes would’ve played. Oh look, he’s injured as well. So the whole squad was significantly weakened.

What on earth are you on about? Onana plays every single game, as well as both of those players. If Onana is injured, then Gana would come in. We didn’t have that option though because he was away on international duty. In that instance, Gomes would’ve played. Oh look, he’s injured as well. So the whole squad was significantly weakened.

Ha ha yes and it's a total of 1 or 2 key players missing that's all though. Standard not a crisis that's held up as a defence shield..

We beat Newcastle, Chelsea, West Ham, etc. By your rule, we must be better than all of them.

And yet we've won 47% more points than them this season.
The squad looks very different than the one that won all those points. The ones that aren’t injured are knackered, with our winter break eaten up by a replay and somehow we have more injuries at the end of it than the start.

I have faith, but only if we can start playing Dyche’s preferred players in his preferred shape consistently.

I see you changed it to 'currently'

There aren't 10 teams facing points deductions though.
I know.

But being a mid table team in performance & results allows room to overcome a points deduction.

There’s some really poor teams near the bottom of the league. I reckon 35 points will be enough to stay up. Mid table sides (8-12th) historically get 45 points or more. Everton are a mid table side this season so should get to 45 points at least.

That’s why I’m confident saying I think relegation is still unlikely