Relegation 23/24 Thread

I understand but if you look at their last 10 fixtures there were probably similar games, and they got next to nothing. Part of me thought Sheff Utd would get something at Chelsea today, but they failed again.

IMO from the B'muth game on we've been one of the best organised teams in the PL.

However, we have to factor in injures to come and loss of form.

They might not happen, but they may well do. And we don't have nearly enough of a cushion to keep us out of reach of the teams below us.

Personally, I can see a bit of a drought of points in the next games up to Wolves.

F10EF51D-E077-4FCE-BE03-97B1F68DBEF1.png

Luton have been very good in the last month or so. Anyone counting them out does so at their peril.
‘Very good’ is a bit of a stretch. Since beating us at the end of September, Luton have played 10, won 1, drawn 2, lost 7 = 5 points. We have played 10, won 7, drawn 1 and lost 2= 22 points. Shorter term, we have won 3 in a row, Luton have lost 3 in a row. Luton have improved, but they are not getting the results to go with it. We should be aiming to overtake the likes of Palace, Wolves and Bournemouth.

‘Very good’ is a bit of a stretch. Since beating us at the end of September, Luton have played 10, won 1, drawn 2, lost 7 = 5 points. We have played 10, won 7, drawn 1 and lost 2= 22 points. Shorter term, we have won 3 in a row, Luton have lost 3 in a row. Luton have improved, but they are not getting the results to go with it. We should be aiming to overtake the likes of Palace, Wolves and Bournemouth.
Not got the results they deserved is the way to describe it.

It;s looking good for us. But we cant be celebrating survival when we're 7 points off the relegation zone.

IMO from the B'muth game on we've been one of the best organised teams in the PL.

They might not happen, but they may well do. And we don't have nearly enough of a cushion to keep us out of reach of the teams below us.

Personally, I can see a bit of a drought of points in the next games up to Wolves.

We’ve literally had loads of injuries, what are you on about lol lol lol

One of the most pleasing things about today was how we coped with absences to key players. Godfrey's first game in a long time, Keane playing for the first time since Branthwaite came into the side and a change in formation to go with it. Dyche and the coaching team deserve a great deal of praise for the performance those players and the team collectively put in today. Still had solid options from the bench as well in Beto, Dobbin, Danjuma. The squad is smaller than it has been for a long time, but is arguably stronger. Branthwaite and Gana having an enforced rest is probably no bad thing ahead of the festive fixture pile up. Dyche has done a remarkable job really, given the complex circus he inherited in January.

It won't happen if we get our points back, for sure.

But we need to adopt the position that we get a lot of injuries and suspensions and we don't lose anyone through an emergency sale in January to keep the wolf from the door...such as Branthwaite.

This is Everton. Never assume anything.
Agree i dont want this team to stop is great to have more of a gap now. But lets keep it going is two tough game spurs and city, but is now less pressure hard games. Is no reason why we cant get a result

Big injuries? Who to?

DCL, Onana, Mykolenko, Garner, Gana, Coleman, Young, Branthwaite and Doucoure have all missed game time in the last 4 and we’ve won them all.

You never mentioned anything about “big” injuries, why do we have to assume someone is gonna pick up an ACL? And what about the teams around us? Luton’s captain probably isn’t gonna play football ever again, have you factored that into your calculations?

Fair enough. Yes the games to come are super tough but I think we can beat City and I think if we can score we can draw at Spurs.
City are in a terrible mess and now they're flying off to the mickey mouse world cup, then their next game back is at Goodison.
Spurs are still Spurs now matter how well they are doing, we always have a chance with them.
Even if we lost both, I think the morale won't be hurt, we've given ourselves a free hit position for those games, and you're right, wolves will feel like a big release after playing against those quality players.

DCL, Onana, Mykolenko, Garner, Gana, Coleman, Young, Branthwaite and Doucoure have all missed game time in the last 4 and we’ve won them all.

You never mentioned anything about “big” injuries, why do we have to assume someone is gonna pick up an ACL? And what about the teams around us? Luton’s captain probably isn’t gonna play football ever again, have you factored that into your calculations?
Of course I was referring to big injuries. Who's saying we;d be derailed by a slight knock to various players.

We have thus far been VERY fortunate with serious injuries. By this time we've had at least a couple.

They might still come.

Also, we play a certain way: minimum possession. Other teams are going to adapt to us and force us to find another way...especialy at GP.

In previous years its not been clear if we are actually better than any of our rivals. This year we are unquestionably better than the current bottom 3 and I'd argue Forest as well.

We can't be complacent and we aren't safe or out of trouble by any means. But we now have a bit of breathing space that we haven't had in previous years. We need take it one game at a time and not look too far ahead. We will lose games and we need to stay calm and react well when it happens.

We're in a good position and it feels a lot better than the last 2 years, but there's a lot more hard work still needed.