Relegation 23/24 Thread

We're very fortunate that Sheffield United and Luton are happy to be in the league for a season, make the money and have the parachute payments and stick with their managers. Add to that Burnley and Bournemouth have managers see as worth sticking with long term even if they go down. We're lucky to have the luxury of this season coz the promoted teams next season probably won't be a soft touch.
Interesting that Luton are happy to do this. I mean maybe there's no change of them staying up, but if they go down, even with the payments, I don't see them coming back up. This could be their only chance, personally reckon they should do everything they can (within reason) to stay up and try and survive a couple seasons, than accept going down and try to come back up.
One game at a time - wouldn't fancy seeing us trying to negotiate season without DCL.
I was the same last year. Bit more confident this year with Beto in the squad.
Top half finish worth a punt , we could finish 9th or 10th .
I have money on it!
For the time being we have to regard our position as that of crisis.

If we survive this season it'll be by 1-7/8 points.

Ergo: we can't afford any points deductions.
According to your post we could afford a 0-6/7 pt deduction ;-)

For the time being we have to regard our position as that of crisis.

If we survive this season it'll be by 1-7/8 points.

Ergo: we can't afford any points deductions.
Interesting that Luton are happy to do this. I mean maybe there's no change of them staying up, but if they go down, even with the payments, I don't see them coming back up. This could be their only chance, personally reckon they should do everything they can (within reason) to stay up and try and survive a couple seasons, than accept going down and try to come back up.

I was the same last year. Bit more confident this year with Beto in the squad.

I have money on it!

According to your post we could afford a 0-6/7 pt deduction ;-)
Without a deduction I think we’re ok, especially looking at the form of this season and that last two.

With a deduction not so sure however if we do get one, this is the year to get it with the current bottom three.

Although obviously it'd be an unmitigated disaster and I’d fume like I’ve never fumed before, and for once not at the club.

I think even a 4/5 point deduction has us dancing on the trap door in May.
Does put us under more pressure but i am a hopefull this team has more fight and mentality this season. My view is a fine but will just have to wait and then get this takeover done and maybe we can see the club try bring in 2 players in jan cm and another winger and just see the season out

Does put us under more pressure but i am a hopefull this team has more fight and mentality this season. My view is a fine but will just have to wait and then get this takeover done and maybe we can see the club try bring in 2 players in jan cm and another winger and just see the season out
It should only be a fine.

But any points deduction more than 5 points relegates us and any short of that has us racing toward a final day nerve shredder.

Without a deduction I think we’re ok, especially looking at the form of this season and that last two.

With a deduction not so sure however if we do get one, this is the year to get it with the current bottom three.

Although obviously it'd be an unmitigated disaster and I’d fume like I’ve never fumed before, and for once not at the club.

I don't buy completely the talk that all three that came up will carry on on their calamitous road. A new manager for any of them and they can easily get a boost, as B'mouth did last season.

There seems to be a cavalier attitude about that we can handle a 5/6/7/8 deduction...even a 12 point deduction...but I think any over 5 hands us too much of a mountain to climb, regardless of the current table.

Heard some pretty reliable rumours that it’s at least a 6 point deduction being mooted…
I think if you've been hearing any rumours during the private-conversations-of-3-people-stage they arent reliable. Until they make an actual decision any possible rumors arent based on anything the actual decision makers have said.