Relegation 23/24 Thread

And some fans are actually happy with it because they’re “enjoying our performances” and swallowing Dyche’s BS self-preserving propaganda about xG and other such bogus meaningless stats.
We must have the most gullible fanbase... a lot I speak to are lapping it up.

Look at the results, 2 wins in 9, 7 wins in 27! The squad has always been capable of more than that, we`ve just hired poor poor managers. Why do people think Dyche was unemployed for so long! Why was he having interviews but not getting any jobs when you see some of the poor managers that have been hired in the Premier League instead of him.....

Everyone has us as certainties to finish above Luton and Sheffield United who we were lucky to get one point against. Lets face it, we have a terrible manger who has been mediocre his whole career and a squad full of bottler players who are vastly overrated by most of the fanbase. This thread will be about 300 pages after the next run of games.
Ok. We are better than Luton and Sheff united. But the way Dyche plays makes it difficult to get results against them. Sitting deep isn’t going to work against them, so we need to come out and attack, which we are frankly horrendous at. But it will get us points against better sides, Brentford and Brighton for example. Whereas I don’t think they can really
Now is Dyche average? Yes. My bigger concern is that he’s perhaps 5 years behind the times and we can’t counterpress or do any of those things that a team managed by DeZerbi or Frank can do. And look at Brentford, they’ve done it on a fraction of what we’ve spent.

So are we better than 4 other teams? Absolutely (in my opinion anyway. And will this keep us up? Yes

But are we dreadful? Yes.

We finished near West Ham last season. Would they take any of our players? Maybe one or two? But otherwise no chance. We’re being left behind I’m sad to say

Defo not getting relegated this season.

Looks like 4 very poor teams who each may struggle to exceed 30 points..

In the group of teams in 11th - 16th I don’t see a massive difference in quality.

Coming 11th should be the aim and would constitute a very successful season

After all the crap we've been through at only 9 games in...

If we stay up... someone better have a banner that just has this...

Attachments

• 21epq1.jpg
    21epq1.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 13

I think Bournemouth with a change of manager have more chance of survival
Agree there. I thought there was a chance Burnley might do a slightly crapper version of what Fulham managed, but their plan A is failing really really badly so far. And if they panic and switch to a more “relegation finghtingy” manager, they’ve managed to assemble a squad and style completely ill-suited to that sort of manager. Will take weeks re-shape them.

We just need to avoid ANY more Luton-esque matches where we don’t turn up.

Agree there. I thought there was a chance Burnley might do a slightly crapper version of what Fulham managed, but their plan A is failing really really badly so far. And if they panic and switch to a more “relegation finghtingy” manager, they’ve managed to assemble a squad and style completely ill-suited to that sort of manager. Will take weeks re-shape them.

We just need to avoid ANY more Luton-esque matches where we don’t turn up.

Burnley need to get their home form going. Playing a toothless Palace next week at Turf Moor is huge for them.

Really really need at least one win before next international break to get more space between 17th-18th.