Relegation 23/24 Thread

I can't work out if I mean this in a good or bad way. But I don't think we played that much differently than the Fulham, Wolves and Sheffield Utd games. We've played well (not great, but pretty decent) in 4/6 games this season, but just didn't get the rewards.

Gives me some optimism that our general standard isn't as bad as made out. We're still objectively pretty rubbish but we've played well enough in most of our games this season to avoid doomsday.

The team can create chances even with the limited style of football. I think we saw similar end of the season, could've scored 4-5 at Leicester easily in the run in. If DCL gets on the end of those chances then will be scoring 2 or 3 on more regular basis.

Only issue tonight is Gana does that v top half team like a Brighton or West Ham and will get punished. As good as the performance was basically a Tarks toe kept it at 1-1 going into half time and trying to win a game behind v Brentford is a very tough proposition. And generally with the away form the team are behind more often than not.

Generally you make and earn your own luck in games and certainly the effort and gameplan was top class tonight so considering the endless criticism it's a Saturday when you just say everything went well.

Too early to say anything definitively so far but there’s a very good chance of 6 points in the next 2 games. Which would be 10 points after 8 games. On that return over a season that’s nearly 50 points.

That’s after a poor start in games we should’ve gotten more from. Beto, DCL, Harrison and Danjuma will make a massive difference to this side compared to last season and those 3 promoted sides are worse than each of the relegated sides last year by some margin in my opinion.

I can't work out if I mean this in a good or bad way. But I don't think we played that much differently than the Fulham, Wolves and Sheffield Utd games. We've played well (not great, but pretty decent) in 4/6 games this season, but just didn't get the rewards.

Gives me some optimism that our general standard isn't as bad as made out. We're still objectively pretty rubbish but we've played well enough in most of our games this season to avoid doomsday.
Yeah kinda the mirror of the start of last season where the xGA was against us but we were riding our luck for a while and looking ok, before the wheels came off in due course; hopefully we’re off to the races after today

A win next week in our easiest fixture of the season and we will be midtable. For as bad a start as we have had, there are currently 5 worse teams than us. I think this team is far better than many on here give them credit for because all they can judge the future on is a number in a column.

I seriously doubt Sheff Utd, Burnley and Luton will ever be ahead of us in the table

Maybe they won’t mate but if they’re within distance it will still be a nervy season. It only takes one of them. Personally, I think Bournemouth are going to be right in it this season.

The team can create chances even with the limited style of football. I think we saw similar end of the season, could've scored 4-5 at Leicester easily in the run in. If DCL gets on the end of those chances then will be scoring 2 or 3 on more regular basis.

Only issue tonight is Gana does that v top half team like a Brighton or West Ham and will get punished. As good as the performance was basically a Tarks toe kept it at 1-1 going into half time and trying to win a game behind v Brentford is a very tough proposition. And generally with the away form the team are behind more often than not.

Generally you make and earn your own luck in games and certainly the effort and gameplan was top class tonight so considering the endless criticism it's a Saturday when you just say everything went well.

Yeah. And from a luck perspective you could just as easily say we hit the bar, their goal Pickford palms it away from where Tark was gonna clear it. It just felt like today we got the rewards, and for the first time in yonks actually finished a 1 on 1 chance.

I just think we didn't suddenly play better today out the blue, we've played relatively well in all but 2 games - one being a stinker; and one against the 2nd best team in the land. If we can maintain that consistency, over the season we'll pick up enough points to be OK.

(Fully expecting another Fulhamesque game next week now)

Made up with the win. I think we was the better team against Fulham and Wolves also. We could easy be sitting on 10 points now. I do think we should be fine come the end of the season.
The underlying stats are much better than Lampard or benitez. It won’t be pretty but I think we will be ok.