Relegation 23/24 Thread

Too late then mate.

We'll see another manager in before we see a creative CM.
I dont even care if he does go sad thing is 99% of this team i would not care if they leave.is sad that in this team is just no real characters just is no real bond between players managers board the whole club and the fans. Feels like is a different club for me

This season: apart from the loss against Fulham first game, when you have a hope at least for the new season, I've been accepting these defeats and it's not as painful.

I get the impression that feeling is widespread. That's a sign that the club have hollowed out the fanbase and offer no hope anymore.

I'm not saying we wont stay up, just that the club have destroyed the relationship between the team and fans.

I cant even be arsed agitating for changes, be they formation or tactics or change of manager. I cant muster any enthusiasm. If we pick up then great. If we dont then I dont think it's going to be as traumatic. Not now.
This. It’s just so dull and empty. Utterly devoid of anything other than waiting to see if 3 other teams cobble together fewer points than us. It’s just sucked the life out of me. Obviously never want us to go down but there is no enjoyment to be gained from us currently just ‘existing’ as a Premier League club. But that’s now the extent of our ambition. Crap ownership, crap direction from the board, crap squad managed by a crap manager we can’t afford to sack. What we’re seeing now is the inevitable conclusion of years of neglect. And I’m not even that arsed. That’s the sad thing.

Just one constant blob of time.

I miss routine home wins - can’t remember the last time we had any. V palace at home for Lampard maybe.

Every game is just a chore…every point is a chore…it’s just been absolutely draining.
If not for Pickford's double save against Sheffield Utd we would have zero points, yet people on here are saying we should have had seven...

jesus...

Honestly, I'm just not bothered anymore.

I mean if we get up and running this season I'll be made up and join in with celebrating any recovery. But if we dont I'm not arsed.

I never thought I'd ever feel that. 🤷‍♂️
I think a lot of people feel the same, I am just used to walking out of goodison after seeing us get beat. Apathy is setting in, I can't see any coach welcomes or flares this season when we are inevitably in a fight for our lives.

Honestly, I'm just not bothered anymore.

I mean if we get up and running this season I'll be made up and join in with celebrating any recovery. But if we dont I'm not arsed.

I never thought I'd ever feel that. 🤷‍♂️
i agree with this. My 7 year old just says "Dad, its only a football match, it doesn't really matter" and like you I never thought I would feel this way either.

It feels like it’s been one continuous season since Benitez was appointed. Just one depressing moment following another with no break for the fans

The ground is flat

It's like kin Groundhog Day

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJjb250ZW50Lmhzd3N0YXRpYy5jb20iLCJrZXkiOiJnaWZcL3BsYXlcL2NmNDA1MTIzLTIzOWEtNGMxYi1iYWM0LTIyNDlhMjBmNmEzYi0xOTIwLTEwODAuUE5HIiwiZWRpdHMiOnsicmVzaXplIjp7IndpZHRoIjo4Mjh9fX0=