Relegation 23/24 Thread

I think it all comes down to keeping players fit now.

If we do keep majority of this squad fit then we should have more than enough. Dyche isn’t anything special but he has enough about him to keep us up.

Injuries like we have yesterday though - even 3/4 key ones and this squad will struggle for wins in the premier league.

4 games is a ridiculous sample to judge on

I think we will finish mid-table. Although I wouldn't stake my house on it

I think we’ll be OK in the end, but that run of fixtures after the Luton and Bournemouth home games is frightening.
The Confidence in Dyche is high.

I wish I could agree but wow this guy is just so poor; pretty sure if we keep him until the end of the season we go down.

Opinions vs. Opinions

With all due respect though mate points predictions are pointless, I didn't see us having 1 point after these 4 fixtures for example. And everyone had us down last year with points predictions and we outperformed them. As there is every year there'll be plenty of unexpected results.
Yeah, your totally correct as history proves time and time again. It’s just a sign of the times and how far other teams have gotten away from us that when you look at the fixture list, you struggle to pick out more than a few games you can see as winnable. As early in the season it is, those Fulham and Wolves games are huge defeats.

I’m already looking at the Palace Wolves game today thinking “[Poor language removed], one or both of them are going to extend their points advantage on us.” It wasn’t until the 2nd half of last season when I was doing that so it's started right from the off thanks to our winless start.

The Confidence in Dyche is high.

I wish I could agree but wow this guy is just so poor; pretty sure if we keep him until the end of the season we go down.

Opinions vs. Opinions
I don`t get why our supporters have such confidence in Dyche, kept us up by the skin of our teeth, I still say a better manager does that without all that drama last season and if he stays the full season we will go down.

This squad is better than what it is showing, even last season it was, we just don`t have a quality manager. We haven`t had one of them since Carlo, all of Benitez, Lampard and Dyche belong in the same bin!

3 defeats and a point in a game we should probably lost against another relegation rival. This is only going one way.... 40 points from here on in is a PPG of 1.15, last season Dyche managed 1.17 and this season is 0.25. Overall Dyche record is 1 point per game across 22 Premier League games, that wouldn`t be enough to keep us up IMO.

I think that Doncaster have shown us if the worst happened, we wouldn't come straight back up.

Once the forced sales had gutted the squad, we would be cannon fodder in the Championship.
I don't know about cannon fodder but we won't bounce straight back up. The best case scenario is we are forced to employ a modern progressive young manager who can instil some spirit and discipline and know how into a young unproven squad. I'm not saying going down would be a good thing necessarily but these last three seasons have been unbearable, haven't they?

I think it will. There are going to be 4 or 5 dreadful teams again, one of which is us.
That feels a little complacent to me, one of the teams we were competing with appear to have improved in Forest, so early stages yes, but I don’t think they will be in the mix. Not sure about Wolves, they beat us at home but they put in a fantastic performance against Man Utd away even though they come away with nothing so not really sure on them. Luton, Sheff Utd and Burnley, yes I expect them to be down there with us. (Al though SU on sake points having played City at home). I think people are just rightly concerned at 1 point gained out of 12, having played two games at home and 3 of the 4 have been against Fulham, Wolves and SU, doesn‘t bode well.