Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly the weekend was the first proper time I’ve looked at it and thought we have a chance of going. That goal there has finished us in my mind.

Genuinely in my mind to give up on the club if they drop. Still love the club and football has been a constant in my life for decades, however this club has genuinely caused me nothing but misery in my time supporting. Frankly this also isn’t the club or sport that I fell in love with anymore, if I’m being honest. Never felt more disconnected from the club.

Genuinely curious if anyone else sees that split coming for themselves too or am I just the worst supporter in the world?

I wouldnt disagree with that but Everton fans wouldnt give a Russell Martin or Kieran Mckenna 5 minutes if they didnt hit the ground running. You only had to read this forum 2 or 3 years ago when Graham Potters name was being mentioned and the sheer snobbery that he wasnt good enough for Everton. Even though his Brighton side were playing a style of football that was light years ahead of what Everton were serving up.
I'd love to give a forward thinking manager a chance. But the clubs fanbase has to drop this snobbish stance that "we're Everton aint we"
Exactly 1995 apart we've done nothing of note in almost forty years.

Honestly the weekend was the first proper time I’ve looked at it and thought we have a chance of going. That goal there has finished us in my mind.

Genuinely in my mind to give up on the club if they drop. Still love the club and football has been a constant in my life for decades, however this club has genuinely caused me nothing but misery in my time supporting. Frankly this also isn’t the club or sport that I fell in love with anymore, if I’m being honest. Never felt more disconnected from the club.

Genuinely curious if anyone else sees that split coming for themselves too or am I just the worst supporter in the world?
I suspect a few wins in the championship and you might change your mind. It is wearying though. Like getting a train every day that breaks down or is late.

Really don’t feel the defiance the club, players, fans had even in the Lampard run-in. Whimpering and withering towards the inevitable.

Running out of time to turn the ship around here. We’ve stayed up by flipping managers with months to go. Not 8 games.

We have easier games than this, but the other weak teams will steamroll us with attacking football at a nervy Goodison. Even if they are leaky, we won’t score. There IS a board to makes decisions. An acting director has identical responsibilities as a permanent director.

I suspect a few wins in the championship and you might change your mind. It is wearying though. Like getting a train every day that breaks down or is late.
I’m not sure to be honest. Football itself being a mess, dodgy owners and generally the blatant puppeteering for the benefit of the elite behind the scenes just has me not bothered about football generally.

If Everton actually sorted out their finances and reset in the championship then I actually do genuinely think it would be good for the club, only due to it being so dire. However I fear that the Everton we all know and love isn’t ever coming back under any circumstances, football simply just doesn’t allow for it anymore.

We’d just become a yo-yo club and winning the championship and playoffs every few years would of course bring some excitement to the fanbase but we are not a championship club, a club of our size, stature and means in that division would genuinely be among the biggest disgraces in English football history.

8 games left after tonight.
Of those 8 games we play 5 of the teams immediately around us, Brentford, Forest, Luton, Burnley, Sheffield Utd.
4 of those 5 games are at home.
Our other home game is Liverpool.
Our remaining 3 aways are Chelsea, Luton and Arsenal.
The end.

Edit: I forgot the impending further points deduction.
The end.

8 games left after tonight.
Of those 8 games we play 5 of the teams immediately around us, Brentford, Forest, Luton, Burnley, Sheffield Utd.
4 of those 5 games are at home.
Our other home game is Liverpool.
Our remaining 3 aways are Chelsea, Luton and Arsenal.
The end.

Edit: I forgot the impending further points deduction.
The end.

stick a fork in us

May as well relegate us now. Pathetic from everyone involved. They should all give back thier wages for the season... they dont deserve them

Status
Not open for further replies.