Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time we finished in the top 8? The TV money means the big advantage from having a loyal fan base is now eroded. Bournemouth and Brentford are about our level at the moment. We need to lower our wage bill, sort out our finances and then rebuild in a sustainable manner. Once that's happened we can look at generating more money through sponsorships and partnerships, and from there spending more on players and wages. That's got to be a medium term goal though, trying to shortcut this without a rich backer is a quick way to more points deductions and ending up in the same position as a Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday.
100%.
Plenty of teams have finished (and will finish) substantially above us with smaller stadiums, lower revenues, much lower wages and transfer spend and operating comfortably within PSR rules. Playing much better football too. Operating frugally does not mean giving up on sporting performance at all.

As much as it may seem the lesser of two evils, being relegated is to be avoided by whatever means.
It's a totally different environment in the Championship and in my own blinkered view its appeal is down to going to the match with an atmosphere akin to a family day out. The boisterous feel of a highly charged home game that I experience at Goodison is absent and my fear is our fervour would be diluted outside the PL. I know that fourteen clubs are only making up the numbers in the top league but I'll take that every day.
Be in same situation as leicester more players will have to be sold and club would be mess. Would be chaos i get the thinking behind it just it reality would be the opposite. For me as crap as it is just about staying up he next few season try get everything back on track is going to be long rubbish time

We’ll have a no of yrs in Championship at best with likely a few in league 1 before we have any chance of becoming a prem league team again I fear

I hate to say it but if we do survive, maybe it is the time to go full Zat and have a total reset at the club.

New, hungry, up and coming coach, look to phase out all the underperforming rubbish in the squad and only sign players under 22 years old who appear to have room to improve.

We might still hover around the relegation zone for a year, but it would have to be better than the nothing we have at the moment

I hate to say it but if we do survive, maybe it is the time to go full Zat and have a total reset at the club.

New, hungry, up and coming coach, look to phase out all the underperforming rubbish in the squad and only sign players under 22 years old who appear to have room to improve.

We might still hover around the relegation zone for a year, but it would have to be better than the nothing we have at the moment
mate is a nice idea but a lot easier said than done we’d be in just as much trouble leaguewise as what we are now

We should have done that 3 years ago

Be in same situation as leicester more players will have to be sold and club would be mess. Would be chaos i get the thinking behind it just it reality would be the opposite. For me as crap as it is just about staying up he next few season try get everything back on track is going to be long rubbish time

Still amazes me that Leicester side went down. Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans, Ndidi, Vardy, Dewsbury-Hall, Evans.. must be the best squad to ever be relegated.

Still amazes me that Leicester side went down. Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans, Ndidi, Vardy, Dewsbury-Hall, Evans.. must be the best squad to ever be relegated.
Centre back pairing of 12 foot tall Souttar and that fella with the 80s rock hair (soyuncu?) cancelled out all of quality when Evan’s was out. Some of the worst defending the PL has ever seen (until last Saturday at about 4:46). Only the inclusion of Holgate could have made their central defence worse. Had decent full backs too.

Panic fully set in now for them. Have to come up or in huge trouble with a PSR charge pending.

One of the many things that was so galling on Saturday was when we equalised I expected them still to score, and when they did, they still ended the game on the front foot, had the ball in our half. When was the last time we did that? I can’t even remember what a win feels like.

Yes a reset is impossible now apart from declaring bankruptsy. Mosh won't want that, 777 won't want that as I doubt they'd be preferred creditors anyway. Nowt of value to sell compared to the debt anyway. However it's the only way a reset happens if we're sold for a £1 to a another.
Any reset now would kind of make sense.
Leaving Goodison and with it, the massive slice of history, could be the right time to draw a line on the past then concentrate on the future whatever that may hold.
Perish the thought.

So you're saying we should hired biesla?

Status
Not open for further replies.