Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doom squaddies vs. The hopeful harrys.

Is this the GOT war of 23/24 we've all been waiting for?

Anyway, provided we avoid injuries to the core players we rely heavily on, we've got enough about us to stay up. Any other season I'd be thinking of a possible top ten finish based on results, but that penalty deduction leaves us still squirming. Top ten would have been fanciful mind, think the squad depthh wouldn't be there. Hence I think we still need to not take survival for granted.

I don`t think we should be so arrogant to think we will go and do that all again, I`m not saying it isn`t possible but the same set of players were also bottom of the league after 7 games...

It is always difficult down there with the pressure of seeing other teams picking up points, the Fulham blow, losing to Spurs and losing to City could put us on a poor run, which could happen when you see our fixtures. Beating Wolves away isn`t a given....

One point outside the relegation zone with the team below us having a game in hand you`d have to say we are in this relegation fight yet again, until the point we can move away from it OR we get some points back.
I think we might be in and around the bottom 3 for a while yet but we’re already in a better position than I thought we would be at this point when we got the deduction.

I’m looking at our last 7 home games and I’d be targeting 12-15 points at least from those games alone which would probably leave us needing another 10 points or so from the other 13 games (and that’s without getting any points back from the appeal). There will probably be a few surprises though, at this stage last season, I didn’t expect Leeds and Leicester to be going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.