Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play to him, looks like he has finally figured out how to play with injury riddled legs and no pace. Very composed recently. They are all about him and that monster striker that wins most aerial challenges. Even Townsend looks decent in their side. Only need two or three difference makers to pick up points.
Looks like he still has his pace to an extent, probably less than he started with mind. That deeper role suits him way better and stops him drifting out the game.

This game could still easily end 1-1

Every result over last 2 weeks or so going against us like saw a black cat cross the road or something

It has, and it's immensely frustrating, but still doesn't bother me much given the consistency of our performance level. If we don't get a win between Wolves, Villa or Fulham then I might be slightly more concerned but at present there is very little evidence to suggest our levels will suddenly plunge so much that we end up in a scrap.

And that is assuming this run of form for Luton will continue, which is unlikely.

And yes, none of this should be a remote consideration because 10 points etc.

There was always going to a week where the bottom teams pick up wins. The main thing is the consistency. I’m not panicking as we are top half table team half way through the season. So even with a slight drop off in the second half we will be okay. Hopefully we get the points we rightly won back or at least some of them to help.

I’m sanguine about Sheffield United losing. That’ll be a body blow to them if they are defeated on their own patch by a side they have to finish above. I reckon it shows them to be certain fodder, Wilder’s revival or not.

So, finish above Luton is where it’s at for us. If we can’t do that we might as well be Sheffield United. Taking nothing for granted, but we should have more than enough to pick up regular points after tomorrow.

I’m sanguine about Sheffield United losing. That’ll be a body blow to them if they are defeated on their own patch by a side they have to finish above. I reckon it shows them to be certain fodder, Wilder’s revival or not.

So, finish above Luton is where it’s at for us. If we can’t do that we might as well be Sheffield United. Taking nothing for granted, but we should have more than enough to pick up regular points after tomorrow.
You might need to explain what sanguine means on this board mate..

Status
Not open for further replies.