Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forest are in trouble, just one win in nearly four months, tough games coming up for them too.
IMG_0889.jpeg

If everton are in relegation picture come the appeal time not a chance get any points back probably say won't be fair to other teams near the relegation zone so going to have have get away from the bottom 5 ourselves the hard way by winning points on the pitch.

Hang on, I was told on here when we were 7 points clear that there was no chance of us getting any points back because we’d escaped and didn’t need them back? Which one is correct here? Because I tried arguing that it was more likely than if we were in the bottom 3 but they wouldn’t have it.

Hang on, I was told on here when we were 7 points clear that there was no chance of us getting any points back because we’d escaped and didn’t need them back? Which one is correct here? Because I tried arguing that it was more likely than if we were in the bottom 3 but they wouldn’t have it.

In short, we are doomed. Happy Christmas.

We are going to hand out an absolute hammering to someone soon. Could be Wolves. Honestly I think we have a 5-0 in us.

Wolves with their win today actually haven't lost at home since September 16th. Remained unbeaten v Man. City, Villa, Newcastle, Spurs and Chelsea in that time.

That said Dyche is a real expert at coming up with a gameplan away from home and get a win at teams who've been unbeaten for a while. Pretty sure Brighton hadn't lost a home game for a few months before the spectacular win at the end of last season and this season Forest and West Ham had decent home records and those were two fantastic away wins. Brentford at home don't lose many at home and they were comfortably dispatched.

I think that's where the trust element needs to come in. The team already getting 5 wins out of 9 on the road (and yesterday's performance was just as good as some of those games if not better) hints they'll be more wins compared to the limp effort on the road in last two seasons so as long as the Goodison form continues to pick up then I think against all my expectations it's actually a 45-50 point season (with a few points kindly donated back by the premier league once competent lawyers have looked at the verdict).

Wolves with their win today actually haven't lost at home since September 16th. Remained unbeaten v Man. City, Villa, Newcastle, Spurs and Chelsea in that time.

That said Dyche is a real expert at coming up with a gameplan away from home and get a win at teams who've been unbeaten for a while. Pretty sure Brighton hadn't lost a home game for a few months before the spectacular win at the end of last season and this season Forest and West Ham had decent home records and those were two fantastic away wins. Brentford at home don't lose many at home and they were comfortably dispatched.

I think that's where the trust element needs to come in. The team already getting 5 wins out of 9 on the road (and yesterday's performance was just as good as some of those games if not better) hints they'll be more wins compared to the limp effort on the road in last two seasons so as long as the Goodison form continues to pick up then I think against all my expectations it's actually a 45-50 point season (with a few points kindly donated back by the premier league once competent lawyers have looked at the verdict).
May have ended different, if Sterling would have passed. We will never know, if we carry on playing like we are, i expect a win

Here’s a fun fact, Luton have to go away to Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle in the second half of the season.

Luton are really starting to improve now, fair play to them. Won 2 of their last 4 at home and should've got something off Arsenal. Their aim I think will be five home wins in second half of the season which is possible given who they're playing. With a few draws that would push them close to 30 points and then it's a case of scrambling an away win and a few draws from somewhere.

For a club I thought would struggle to make even 20 points this season they're really starting to believe they are good enough for this level and the Lockyer stuff will add further motivation in coming months. Barkley and Townsend were brilliant v Newcastle so those are their two senior top level players in the squad stepping up for them at a crucial point in the season.

They'll certainly back themselves to finish above Forest.

May have ended different, if Sterling would have passed. We will never know, if we carry on playing like we are, i expect a win

Yep, get the first goal v them and it's different as away from home they've lost at Sheffield United and Fulham recently so that's the key to the game there in a few weeks, low block them and get chances on the break.

Jose Sa not doing his Neville Southall impression again would help aswell.

we need wolves to lose later

and home form gotta keep it hard for teams

There seems to be 4 divisions in the PL and we're - by virtue of the points deduction - in the bottom division but can realistically eye up 'promotion' to division 3 over the coming weeks:

1st Division Arsenal down to City

2nd Division WHU down to BHA

3rd Division Chelsea to Palace

4th Division Everton to Sheff Utd

We should be in 'Division 2' but find ourselves at the top of the bottom 'Division'.

I think City get back on track by beating us but we'll get back to winning ways at Wolves and Palace....4 points from those two at worst I believe.

The truth of it is that we could do with 4 or 5 points back from the corrupt unfit-for-purpose PL to get a cushion that would likely be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.