Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Forest sack Cooper, then for any replacement their brief will be survival. It was the same last year but the owner might have hoped the dial had shifted slightly.

More so with our points deduction. They'll be thinking this year of all years we can't go down with Luton, Barnsley, and Sheff Utd not to mention us and our circumstances. They're well in the mix. That's a lot of pressure for a new manager if they get one. If they don't get an immediate bounce it will be even worse.

Santos relegated for first time in their 100 + year history.

They went down on 43 points (Brazilian league plays 38 matches aswell).

Palmeiras won the league on 70 points.

Also was in pub last night and they had Marseille-Lyon on in the corner. Lyon lost 3-0 and bottom of french league after nearly half a season. That would be one of the biggest relegations in modern times in european football as they were doing what PSG are doing now in the 2000s.

If Forest sack Cooper, then for any replacement their brief will be survival. It was the same last year but the owner might have hoped the dial had shifted slightly.

More so with our points deduction. They'll be thinking this year of all years we can't go down with Luton, Barnsley, and Sheff Utd not to mention us and our circumstances. They're well in the mix. That's a lot of pressure for a new manager if they get one. If they don't get an immediate bounce it will be even worse.
I'm not so sure

Cooper has done a good job but he's not the 2nd coming of Brian Clough .

If they go for someone like Lopetegui then they could be ok.

On the other hand if the mad Greek tries to appoint the B team manager at Olympiakos then they will be right in it

I'm not so sure

Cooper has done a good job but he's not the 2nd coming of Brian Clough .

If they go for someone like Lopetegui then they could be ok.

On the other hand if the mad Greek tries to appoint the B team manager at Olympiakos then they will be right in it

That's it, would depend on whom they appoint. They seem to have another Moshiri in the making there.

I'd stick with Cooper if I were them and not risk it. But results dictate. Good managers are at a premium.

They were badly weakened losing Johnson. It takes only another couple of poor results and they'll be firmly stuck in the mire.

It certainly is, but it's also plain that as things stand, Forest are in the relegation mix-up also. That can only be good from our perspective. It is not a case of 3 from 4 for the drop.
yep, but the bad news is that Bournemouth are pulling away, the team I'd be most wary of is Luton, what a bloody pesky little crowd of battlers they are

Good mid-week results for us, feels like a free hit against Newcastle tonight. Would be massive to climb out of the relegation zone, psychologically.
We need a result tonight. If we cannot jump out tonight, we need to be narrowing the gap and breathing more heavily down their necks.

….big blow for Burnley, been impressed with this player;

IMG_7243.jpeg

Koleosho a massive loss for Burnely, their main attacking threat. With Foster out for the foreseeable, it leaves Burnley very blunt in attack

Good mid-week results for us, feels like a free hit against Newcastle tonight. Would be massive to climb out of the relegation zone, psychologically.

I know what you're getting at but we're a long, long away from thinking of anything as a free hit. We have very little wiggle room at the moment.

Tough game with all 3 results possible. Issue is I don't trust Dyche to start us positively enough to put them under enough pressure. They've a better team but can definitely be got at.

Status
Not open for further replies.