Relegation 23/24 Thread

Drew with them the season they won the league with 99 points, also the following season when they were champions, and also last season when we were in a relegation battle.
Yes i'm not saying any different but for a lot of that 11 seasons we weren't that far away from them and now we are so its not a record that has a lot of meaning it doesn't mean we can't do it again or even win but the fact we could draw with them when they were 5th and we were 8th or something isn't really relevant to when they're one of the best teams in Europe and we're absolutely putrid.

Why did they get 4 when we got 10? Who knows with these things.
Looking at how the owner and the club are behaving I wouldn`t be surprised if they negotiated 4 points for non appeal, but then appealed anyway.

I think our IC for the second charge said the Forest IC made a mistake, it should have been 8-2=6 rather than 6-2=4, all the legal guys I`ve listened to think if they do a recount they will get points added rather than removed and can see no mitigating grounds where points should be removed.

Unlike the Everton case where we got 1 point back for Co-operation AND the Ukraine war but Forest got 2 points back for co-operation. In the appeal if they give us the same co-operation as Forest and increase Ukraine war to 1 point, that means those 2 points should be coming back to us. In the interest of fairness.

I can see a world where we get 2 given back and Forest, especially after their media rampage on officials, get 2 more removed for the co-operation. On top of all that the PL are now investigating Forest for their tweets etc, there is rules in the PL handbook for points deduction for discipline breaches so they could be even more deducted. Remember Everton as a club wasn`t retweeting the corrupt stuff, it was all the fan groups.

Looking at how the owner and the club are behaving I wouldn`t be surprised if they negotiated 4 points for non appeal, but then appealed anyway.

I think our IC for the second charge said the Forest IC made a mistake, it should have been 8-2=6 rather than 6-2=4, all the legal guys I`ve listened to think if they do a recount they will get points added rather than removed and can see no mitigating grounds where points should be removed.

Unlike the Everton case where we got 1 point back for Co-operation AND the Ukraine war but Forest got 2 points back for co-operation. In the appeal if they give us the same co-operation as Forest and increase Ukraine war to 1 point, that means those 2 points should be coming back to us. In the interest of fairness.

I can see a world where we get 2 given back and Forest, especially after their media rampage on officials, get 2 more removed for the co-operation. On top of all that the PL are now investigating Forest for their tweets etc, there is rules in the PL handbook for points deduction for discipline breaches so they could be even more deducted. Remember Everton as a club wasn`t retweeting the corrupt stuff, it was all the fan groups.
I can see both appeals getting waived away. Best case being this ongoing dispute over interest accounting is brushed under the carpet so it doesn’t affect next season. We did breach again despite changing interest accounting, all ICs have said points deductions are a necessary deterrent. We got a lower charge due to some slight mitigation/co-operation, but also because we’ve already been punished. All other valid mitigations already in the bin after the first charge hearings.

This appeal IC will be asked to rule on the appropriateness of our second charge/penalty only. Even if everyone in the world accepted our first penalty is miles out of synch with Forests, I doubt they can massage our second deduction down to make amends for a completely different charge, and deductions given by 2 previous ICs. Thats not what they have been asked to judge.

Either our first charge is too high, or Forests is too low. End of story. Has to be one or the other. Ours is sadly fully locked in following the conclusion of the appeal. Therefor Forest's should be increased to 6. Cooperation is a necessity, not a mitigation or source of congratulations.

But no way will their appeal increase their deduction. Not a chance they will be that brave. Maybe if the PL had appealed their punishment first aggressively, but they bottled it and possibly hoped Forest would swallow it and go away. Completely pointless the PL saying how disappointed they were in Forests punishment during our second hearing. Should have been disappointed 5 minutes after Forests 4 points were announced and made it known, putting Forests appeal panel (rightly) under pressure.

Yes i'm not saying any different but for a lot of that 11 seasons we weren't that far away from them and now we are so its not a record that has a lot of meaning it doesn't mean we can't do it again or even win but the fact we could draw with them when they were 5th and we were 8th or something isn't really relevant to when they're one of the best teams in Europe and we're absolutely putrid.

Last season they finished 5th and we finished 17th mate.

Last season they finished 5th and we finished 17th mate.
Yes I know that but i don't know what point you're trying to make? I'm not saying it's impossible for us to get something out of the game only that how we did in the game 11 years ago has absolutely no bearing on how we will do tonight.

I can't see either appeals resulting in a further reduction for either us or Forest.

The 'worst case' outcome to both would be no points back.

I can't see either appeals resulting in a further reduction for either us or Forest.

The 'worst case' outcome to both would be no points back.
I can see us getting 1 or hopefully 2 back. I`d argue that Forest got 2 back for co-operation, the IC acknowledged that we co-operated and early plea but we only get 1/2 a point. I`d argue we are "owed" 1.5 just there... and only 1/2 a point for the Ukraine war which we can prove cost us 15-20m.

We should have those 2 points back...

1713962762583.png

Burnley are down with that run in

Luton are playing 3 teams on their holidays and us so they’ve got a chance.

Forest might get 6 points

…. and then there’s Everton. If we can’t get 4 points out of those fixtures we deserve to go down.
Not even sure Forest are getting 6 points. people are saying that based on the 2 away pretty much, meaning they have to win 2 in 2 when they have only won 3 of their last 36 away prem games - I am half expecting them to get 2points back on their appeal,and us get 1 back though, though Forest should get none back.

Every single week football throws up results nobody expects.

I think its foolish to think X Team couldnt do this and cant do that.
Same all season, like so many say we have lost the Derby before its even began, when we hardly lose at home v them over the last 11 years. Anyone can twist anything whichever way is best, or suits whoever says it lol. Some People had us going down if we lost v Forest, while some said we were safe now - we are not safe, till we are safe