Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
075bd3ff-f807-44bb-89d4-6bf88cc9e8ec.jpeg

Thoughts and prayers with Piers Morgan

Lampard would have relegated Chelsea if there were more games to be played - on yesterday we had the hardest fixture ,because Bournemouth looked more than up for it - Time wasting early on - kicking the hell out of us - & a ref who was blind to it all we may have had 2 pens - plus Solanke should have seen red for his assault on Pickford on the goal-line - plus he gave them every little niggle of a foul - we got very little of him - I would bet Bournemouth were on an incentive to stop us winning that game the way they played - they were not on the beach .....
And we still beat them. Carry that spirit into next season , with a few decent tweaks , and with a fitter team , and we should be ok.
And you are spot on about hapless Frank Lampard. He would have relegated us as well. The guy is not a manager. Up the Toffees.

What are you talking about 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥
Leeds took 24 points from their last 35 games.

They took 5 points from the final 10 games if my maths is correct. So that may cast some doubt on Kev's theory.

Although in general I do think weird results happen a bit more often in the first and last months of the season. Like there is next to no chance we would have gone to Brighton and won 5-1 during the middle of the winter

18 games 21 points
Lampard 20 games 15 points

Said it all.

And well done Dyche.
His points return for this season would yield a 44 point season and that’s with only having a first choice striker available for a third of his games. I think a reasonable summer transfer wise would mean we could target a 50 point season next year. I don’t think that would be an unrealistic or unreasonable stretch target. This would likely mean we finish somewhere around 11th or 12th.

Enjoyed that all the fans of other clubs were desperate to see us relegated. They call us irrelevant but hate us staying up.
I know we have a song about knowing our history but the fact of the matter is there's a large swaft of clubs in this league that would want us down and in trouble because we're a giant of a club compared to them. Look at the league outside of United, City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea, there's not another club that could argue they're actually bigger and more successful than us, despite the fact that we've not done anything in 30 odd years.

Fans of actual irrelevant clubs like Newcastle, West Ham and others know they'll never be a club as prestigious as us, even Newcastle with their blood money now. It's literally the classic case of "they hate us, cos they ain't us" funnily enough, even in a relegation threatened spell in the past 2 years we're still a massive club. No one truly cares about any of the teams that have gone down, Leicester get talked about because they won the league but in the past 2 decades they're a Championship club, Everton would've been by far the biggest relegation, possibly in football history like Tim Howard said.

They absolutely can't take it that even in failure Everton are more of a success than most of this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.