Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
…..torture watching last night. Desperate for Newcastle to score then desperate for them not to concede. As I said before the game, I thought it was tactically clever from Smith, they rode their luck and it almost fully paid off. Regardless, they now have a definite chance. He’s found a way to play that is hopefully too late.

Despite it being in our own hands I felt really disappointed last night & feel the same this morning. No recognised striker is the situation Thelwell has left us in. No recognised full backs against a side who threaten down the flanks.

i wouldn’t swap our position for Leicester’s or Leeds’ but I think it’s a difficult game for us to win.

The escape route is clear now - win. I think we would have had to play for a win anyway on Sunday even if Leicester lost last night, it's too risky to think about or play for draws. I'm reasonably confident we can win on Sunday especially with Mina at the back and it is no way a given that both Leicester and Leeds will win. We need to pull out the greatest hits album, do a 'Wimbledon' on the team bus, fireworks outside the hotel, flares greeting team bus etc etc. My missus bought us tickets for an outdoor festival months ago in the middle of nowhere and I just said yes without thinking...festival is on Sunday ffs, there's no way I'm going to enjoy myself there is there.

…..torture watching last night. Desperate for Newcastle to score then desperate for them not to concede. As I said before the game, I thought it was tactically clever from Smith, they rode their luck and it almost fully paid off. Regardless, they now have a definite chance. He’s found a way to play that is hopefully too late.

Despite it being in our own hands I felt really disappointed last night & feel the same this morning. No recognised striker is the situation Thelwell has left us in needing a win to stay up. No recognised full backs against a side who threaten down the flanks.
Is there no chance of Mykolenko or Godfrey being back?

Neither are great, but it will at least push McNeil forward.

Despite it being in our own hands I felt really disappointed last night & feel the same this morning. No recognised striker is the situation Thelwell has left us in needing a win to stay up. No recognised full backs against a side who threaten down the flanks.
Think there’s an argument to be made that last 5 minutes last night is up there with the top 3 most excruciating moments I have felt supporting everton.

Well, it was definitely too late, that’s a fact isn’t it?

I agree with what you’ve said mate, but with one game to go, they can’t realistically stick 11 men behind the ball knowing they have to win. That’s fortuitous for us, cause had they tried that against Fulham, Liverpool we could have been in a far worse position going into final day.

I also have the sinking feeling, the combination of no quality up top, and no width makes me concerned.

I’m clinging to the fact that O’Neil sticks with resting players, as he’s came out and spoke about on Saturday (he rested 3 players and came out and said this) against United. Any way we can gain an advantage, take it.

Is there no chance of Mykolenko or Godfrey being back?

Neither are great, but it will at least push McNeil forward.

….no idea, Matey. Coleman would be a major plus but I’m assuming both full backs are out.

My fear is 3 CBs that include Keane as he’s a liability in a back 3 without a full back on his right. He is a good threat in the opposition box from set pieces but I’d much prefer Coady with his attitude and application.

Status
Not open for further replies.