Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester was extremely lucky tonight to get a point...they can't play like that against west ham, so they will have to open up a bit more.
They will have been thinking that Everton have a very good chance of dropping points against Bournemouth and it's quite likely that 4 points will get them safe.

If they'd have played with a centre half fewer Newcastle would have got in behind them more, but we all saw just how many times Newcastle were dallying and passing it sidewards or lashing it over the bar.

Leicester caused Tripper, Almiron, Isak and a few others to have a stinker, while Wilson was absolutely anonymous as he was surrounded by three defenders all the time.

I give Everton about a 60% chance of survival at this stage as we're up against a team that's beat us four times on the spin and with a severely depleted squad, plus I've said all along that I believe both Leeds and Leicester will win on the final day.

That said, to be in a position where there is one game left and safety depends on ourselves is utterly remarkable since we've had no striker for 75% of the entire season. That's surely never been done before and almost certainly no team will have survived without a striker.

I’m really not sure tonight’s result changes our approach to Sunday at all. Spurs are an absolute basket case at the moment. If Leeds were to score early, I wouldn’t rule out them capitulating in front of a hostile crowd. They shipped 3 in one half against Brentford at home on Saturday. Playing for a draw was never a realistic prospect, way too risky. As it is, win and we’re safe. Would much rather be in our position than Leeds or Leicester’s.
Our approach doesn’t really matter. We aren’t good enough to escape this without other teams playing badly

The good news (and it is a massive advantage) is that we don't have to win to stay up. A draw will definitely keep us up provided Leicester don't win and Leeds don't win by 4 goals (so Leeds are gone). The reason it's good news is because I'm worried with the pressure on that our boys could melt on Sunday.

Cool heads will win the day. The pressure is piled on the Leicester and Leeds.

I think we can beat Bournemouth but we will have to scrap like anything and keep the defensive mistakes to a minimum. Even if we can't - it isn't necessarily the end of the world. Cool heads.

I get Bournemouth haven't got anything to play for.

But I can't shake the feeling, it might let them play with bit of freedom.

Difference between win + draw feels big rn.

This time next week, we’ll have had more than 24 hours to digest our post-season situation.

As they say on Homes Under the Hammer, let’s find out what happens when it goes to auction…

IMG_5403.jpeg

They will have been thinking that Everton have a very good chance of dropping points against Bournemouth and it's quite likely that 4 points will get them safe.

If they'd have played with a centre half fewer Newcastle would have got in behind them more, but we all saw just how many times Newcastle were dallying and passing it sidewards or lashing it over the bar.

Leicester caused Tripper, Almiron, Isak and a few others to have a stinker, while Wilson was absolutely anonymous as he was surrounded by three defenders all the time.

I give Everton about a 60% chance of survival at this stage as we're up against a team that's beat us four times on the spin and with a severely depleted squad, plus I've said all along that I believe both Leeds and Leicester will win on the final day.
I think this result helps us because it means that we have to go for the win, and this is our best chance of getting a win. If we only needed a point we would have set up very negatively holding for dear life for the 90 minutes plus.

Have to be honest I can see us not winning and still staying up. Leicester and leeds are so poor…have watched them a LOT last few weeks and I do think they are worse than us.

If we had a fully fit side then I’d think we steamroll Bournemouth with the crowd and a fast start. I worry about us without DCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.