Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Calvert-Lewin is injured I think the best option for next week would be to play the system we played in the 2nd half with 3 at the back, McNeil and Patterson as wing backs, Garner, Onana and Iwobi in the middle with Doucoure playing off Gray. We looked far more comfortable on the ball and caused them some problems. Can’t get too downbeat after losing to one of the best teams in the world.

So we go into the last two games outside the relegation zone, with it squarely in our hands.

Today was always a tall order and we did not play badly, just it was Man City.
Not necessarily. We are in the bottom three if Leicester beat Liverpool.

Going into final two games probably not in the relegation zone. Those two games against mediocre opposition. I'd have bitten your hand off for that a couple of weeks back.

Wolves home form is excellent.
But id still take these two games and like you say fingers crossed not dropped into the bottom 3.
Got a horrible feeling though west ham will gift leeds and leicester wins.

Wolves home form is excellent.
But id still take these two games and like you say fingers crossed not dropped into the bottom 3.
Got a horrible feeling though west ham will gift leeds and leicester wins.
I think Moyes will take the Leicester game more seriously than he did Brentford today. If they lose to Leeds they could still be in trouble. Don’t think there will be the same whole scale changes he made today.

If Calvert-Lewin is injured I think the best option for next week would be to play the system we played in the 2nd half with 3 at the back, McNeil and Patterson as wing backs, Garner, Onana and Iwobi in the middle with Doucoure playing off Gray. We looked far more comfortable on the ball and caused them some problems. Can’t get too downbeat after losing to one of the best teams in the world.

Pickford
Mina Coady Tarkowski
Patterson Garner Onana McNeil
Iwobi Doucoure
DCL

Go with this formation and simply change anyone injured out.

Solves the problem of forwards being isolated

A week ago, if you had said we would take three points from the Brighton / City games and improve our GD, every single one of us would have taken it in a heartbeat. Most expected no points and a spot in about 19th right now.

If the RS do what they should tomorrow, and we finish this round outside of the bottom three, we have to feel very good about our chances with two winnable games remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.