Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but with teams like city, it doesn't work like that. you don't naturally get happy cos they might be resting certain players, you end up worrying about who that means is getting a chance..

giphy.gif

Bournemouth at home is not a guaranteed win

Unless your Man City there is no such thing as guaranteed win in the Everton vocabulary

We even lost 3-1 at home to Eddie Howe’s Bournemouth in the last game of the season under Ancelotti a few years ago when they were pretty much already relegated and needed to rely on results to go in their favour

However one would like to hope with relegation to the championship being at stake that a home crowd of 40,000 vocal evertonians could spur their team to a victory against an already safe Bournemouth side who are already in holiday mode in what could be the most crucial game in the clubs history with the consequences being that relegation could see a public lynching of the players

Will we keep Dyche if we get relegated?
I wonder if there’s anything in his contract about relegation?
Might as well. We're probably not going to be able to attract a high profile manager if we do go down and we'll already have one whose specialty is apparently keeping clubs up if we don't. It'll save us looking for one if we're in another relegation scrap next season.

I seen a report saying he had a £3m bonus to keep us up but no break clause for relegation.... As I said before, if he keeps us up he deserves the right to have another go next season and shaping this squad with sales and releases of the current team.... BUT if we went down the whole club needs a reset away from defensive managers like Moyes, Allardyce, Benitez and Dyche. In my view we need to attract attacking managers and the one I`d chose to bring us back and trust to rebuild would be Ange Postecoglou....

It is proven attacking managers reap rewards much more than defensive ones...

No doubt Ange will get jeers for being a manager in a "farmers league" in the same way most on here were saying Howe "Got Bournemouth relegated" and "Howe not good enough for Everton".... but alot would have Kompany who only managed in Belgium.

Ange will come to the PL one day and will be a success.... we need to steal a march on the next best thing not historic dinosaurs who have achieved nothing in decades.
I think Ange is quickly becoming 'high profile'. He's got an impressive CV.

I think Ange is quickly becoming 'high profile'. He's got an impressive CV.
He’s too high profile for us atm. Ufuk Talay is another Australian manager who I expect to make it overseas. Managed Wellington Pheonix with no money and now New Zealand is producing better youngsters than Australia just because of his input.

Earlier this season, I remember some folks getting cocky and saying we should beat teams like Brighton. Much the same applies to Bournemouth. They have some very capable players and one thing is for sure, we won't out muscle them. Personally, I think it will be over before then anyway.

I Take it you've not really seen the city squad !!

Or if so, explain where the weakness lies when resting a player..
We’re gonna get smoked, but that doesn’t mean I won’t be happy if Haaland and Kdb are rested. It’s not that it creates a weakness, but it’s less strong.

Being one point off safety with just 12 points to play for is of course concerning. None of us wanted us to be in this position.

But this time last year we were 5 points off safety. At the time the pundits all said we were down. But we fans essentially kept us up. We must do so again.

The lads gave their absolute all against Leicester and they deserved to come away from there with 3 points. Sadly it wasn't to be, but if they play like that in our remaining games we are staying up.

COYB

Status
Not open for further replies.