Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only see is getting another 3 or 4 points.

It won’t be enough.

I think it will be us, Leeds and Southampton that go down.

It's possible Leeds and Leicester only pick up 1-2 more each.

Leicester especially are in trouble if they get nothing at Fulham.

Brighton and Man City are predictable. But we could get a point at Brighton. If we are playing well we could beat Wolves. And possibly bournemouth. I reckon we will get 4 points. Dont know if it will be enough.

I disagree completely.

Those two represent fixtures we can do a spectacular in.

We have to embrace those games and I think we will.

Let's put it this way: if we come out of those with zero points I'll be surprised.

Brighton has been a decent ground for us in the last 3 seasons where we've come away with at leat a point from the last 6 games. City in the middle of that CL SF could get a real surprise from us.

There's points in these two games. We haven;t had a 'spectacular' since Arsenal. I think we still have one in us before we get onto the Wolves and B'mouth games.

From what I saw tonight I'm optimistic we can do this now, more so than aI was before the night began.

Same. I feel like there's a performance coming from the players. It's certainly not over.

4 from last 4 could still do it imo
Can't see forest or Leeds getting more than 3

Hedging our bets on all the other sides doing terribly then.

We needed at minimum 6 points from the final 5, and I guess it’s still doable, but we need something from Brighton or City, which is far from convenient and then to draw and win from the final 2.

Just hope Southampton decide to turn up on Monday, knowing it’s a straight up win or down for them, in theory.

Just keep believing

After all if a goal by Barry Horne was able to keep us up in '94, then stranger things can happen
I remember those around me that day were all screaming "FFS Barry don't shoot!"

This team apparently couldn’t score, could definitely not score away from home, and are finished if we go behind.

Last night we scored two away from home, could have been even more, and came from behind.

Football can change very quickly. We can get points out of all 4 games remaining if we play well.

I feel yesterday was pivotal to win to be honest.

Winning there, would have meant 4 from the last 4 could have done it. The confidence it would have created would have given us every chance of nicking a point sesh to Brighton or City.

Now we’re hoping to realistically win our last two to stand a chance of survival for me and they’d s lot of pressure.
Not disagreeing but while we can mathematically still stay up we won’t know if these were the must win games until the season’s done. I just hope that wherever we are next season there’s more to look forward to than another season of this miserable barrel scraping.

He hides in plain sight mate - pulls out of tackles, does naff all when he gets it aside from causing us our own problems. The same as Gylfi was - a coward on the pitch, hiding and bottling it when the crunch comes.

He’s never a footballer - he should be one of those you tube skills/trick lads, larking about on social media messing with the ball doing keeps uppies with his arse and mad dribbles with nobody trying to tackle or put him under pressure. That’s iwobi.
Gylfi was a master at putting an opposition player between himself and a team mate with the ball so no one could.pass to him. That is the definition of hiding.

I don't see that with Iwobi, he always makes himself available for a pass..The problem for Everton is that he often gets the pass, and quite often the next player to touch it is the opposition.

I am never going to argue with anyone that says he is not a great footballer, but hiding? Nah, I don't see it

We needed at minimum 6 points from the final 5, and I guess it’s still doable, but we need something from Brighton or City, which is far from convenient and then to draw and win from the final 2.

Just hope Southampton decide to turn up on Monday, knowing it’s a straight up win or down for them, in theory.
That's always the case though isn't it? Where you finish in the league is always dependent on how good other teams are and how well they perform, it's not specific to this situation. What's weird is when a team has 28 points from 33 games and people start claiming that they need 9 from the next 5 and acting like it will be a failure to do that that sends them down rather than what's gone on before.

I have a feeling that, even with Allardyce, Leeds will get no more than one point. (possibly none). So,if Southampton are doomed, there is only one relegation place available with Everton, Leicester and NottIngham Forest the teams in danger, assuming West Ham are not dragged in. A win in the next round of games for anybody will be priceless.

I think we've been in this camp for a while tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.