Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomorrows has now turned in to a truly must win affair. We've been given a massive lifeline today.
I firmly 100% believe a Leeds win would have done for us, irrespective of the result tomorrow.
I now reckon tomorrows match is the turning point to save this club from a catastrophe, a win and I think we are in a better place than Leeds and Forest and Leicester. A loss sends us in to the penultimate game fairly certainly in 19th place.

I wonder if the players themselves (Coleman excluded) grasp the gravity of it?

Fixtures to play:

30pts (-32) Notts Forest - Southampton (H), Chelsea (A), Arsenal (H) and Crystal Palace (A) = 1pt / 31pts
30pts (-24) Leeds - Man City (A), Newcastle (H), West Ham (A) and Tottenham (H) = 0pts / 30pts
29pts (-13) Leicester - Everton (H), Fulham (A), Dirty Reds (H), Newcastle (A) and West Ham (H) = 5pts / Total 34pts
28pts (-25) Everton - Leicester (A), Brighton (A), Man City (H), Wolves (A) and Bournemouth (H) = 5pts / Total 33pts
24pts (-32) Southampton - Notts Forest (A), Fulham (H), Brighton (A) and Dirty Reds (H) = 1pt / Total 25pts

When you look at their schedule, I don't see Forest, Leeds or Southampton getting any more points (except where they share the points in the Forest vs Southampton game).

Looking at ours then I can see us getting five points and staying up - the sooner we get them the better.

COYB

It's amazing to think that a side as bad as ourselves or Leeds will stay up this season. Both are absolutely horrific and yet one Will definitely stay up and maybe even both
Even more amazing the biggest warning possible slapped both clubs across the face less than 12 months ago, and neither did anything about it. (Well, Leeds bought some Americans and promptly sacked the manager who was the reason they joined, so they did more than us)

Status
Not open for further replies.