Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know part of me wishes that I could. One of my very good friends is a ST holder at City. I went down the pub to watch their game on Wednesday because I thought it would be a decent game. Their football is sublime , wonderful and I was pleased for him but otherwise I was disinterested . Actually the complete opposite of when I watch Everton. Then the football is terrible but I'm totally engaged.
Would feel a bit empty to me. They have the most resources and best manager, winning a quadruple is par. I reckon I'd lose interest with the stakes feeling a bit low.

Exactly. Bielsa will tell them they don’t have a place in the team.

We need a blunt manager. He knew we were getting relegated and that our team is trash.
We really ran out of options here Atleast he’s willing to work with us in the championship

And look at all the crazy talents he brought to Leeds. Amazing players
Well anything for a bit of cheer. to be fair to Dyche he has got them trying, trying all of us!

A couple of points...

Of those, the average time to regain top-flight status is three seasons - although nearly half (21 out of 46) achieved an immediate return to the Premier League.

Other teams to have suffered long waits before bouncing back include Sheffield United (12 seasons), Leicester City (10), Norwich (nine), Crystal Palace, Watford (both eight), Middlesbrough and Southampton (both seven)

However, 36 per cent of relegated teams (26 out of 72) have failed to grace England's top flight since, with Oldham and Swindon both being absent for 23 full seasons since their relegation in 1993/94

Would feel a bit empty to me. They have the most resources and best manager, winning a quadruple is par. I reckon I'd lose interest with the stakes feeling a bit low.
They're still seeking for that illustrious CL win, so I think they'll still have the drive as fans. The club is run very, very well from top to bottom.

Will any of yous actually watch the prem while we're in the championship? If Everton aren't in it, I literally can't imagine caring what happens in another division. Never followed the champions league or any of that nonsense, don't think I'll be watching the prem at all next year tbh
Not at all.
I'll be killing my subscription to the premier league.

Stevie Wonder could recognise who the cuprit is - and that group has never targetted him specifically, just the puppets he surrounded himself with.

Protest groups are needed. But they - like KEIOC and the Blue Union - need to be democratic and not a social media army of people who's strings are pulled by a few people.

There's abolutley no way a structured fan organisation would have taken the insane self-destrcutive actions that lot have done this season in the teeth of a relegation fight that we were always going to struggle to overcome...not in a million years.
Yeah, it was shocking the way those fan groups didn't buy a forward in Jan, they should be ashamed at their actions.

They should have won it years ago with their resources. Winning it now still puts them behind what they should have achieved.
I do agree in many ways, but look at PSG as an example. I think winning the CL takes a lot more than simply throwing money at it, like the PL does.

They were very green and naive at first, which meant they underperformed, whereas now they're an experienced unit and look like they have that killer instinct.

City were a fair bit behind Arsenal, but they've put their foot down and now look ruthless; come a month so, they could have won the real treble.

I think they could win the CL and deservedly so. Their academy has grown and grown in stature, they've developed their atmosphere and everything.

Begrudgingly, I give them a lot of respect for what they've done and still doing.

Will any of yous actually watch the prem while we're in the championship? If Everton aren't in it, I literally can't imagine caring what happens in another division. Never followed the champions league or any of that nonsense, don't think I'll be watching the prem at all next year tbh
Yes. I watch other matches with my son, including CL and Europe. Otherwise, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.