Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the sentiment, but some of the fans had their own part to play in this. Those among us who clapped Kenwright on the Jumbotron as Barry Horne waxed lyrical were the harbingers of low standards, pious complacency ("that's Kopite behaviour"), and fellow-travellers of managed decline.

And that's before we talk about those who were wildly off the mark in hyping up players (and some managers) who were incredibly out of their depth - and demonstrably so over time.

As I said, we can all wash our hands, but the club - all of us - needs to take a good look in the mirror. This has been coming for a while.
Mate stop blaming the fans it's tiresome, honest hard working people have paid there money to watch that shower for much of there lives with little control or say over real decisions. Them same people where entitled to there opinions then as much as they are now, thus narrative around it being the fans fault is tired and untrue!

Its the hope

It's the hope that kills you mate!!

I think if we are all honest with ourselves, nobody is really surprised. Never mind the last 5 games mate this has been years in the making and clear to see for at least the last 2 years.

But this club means alot to people, it's not just a club it's family, people can't just believe it's fallen the way it has weather it was clear to see or not.
I get that, I think I’ve just become very numb to it since last season.

I can’t remember this disillusioned and far from the club I love. The last couple of years has just been a carbon copy repeat of Sunderland and Villas demise

It was obvious it would this way

Shocking performance again last night.
It's a pity that the powers that be didn't apply themselves to the last transfer window as they did to arranging banners, fireworks and coach welcome last night. Up until last night I thought there was hope, now I have none. We are doomed to relegation. Apart from all our other deficiencies we simply can't score enough goals to stay up.
Truly 💔
Dont let last night get you down. That game was only ever going one way and we played OK until we gave up at 2 down.
If we lose next monday then there will be limited hope.

The problem with any perceived big club that gets relegated and has aspirations of a straight return is that you more or less have to budget for two new teams.

First of all you have to change the present squad for a team that can compete in the championship but also a team to hold its own if successful at coming straight back up.

Whilst parachute payments are welcome it does not cover the new players needed coupled with the sponsorship losses.

Maybe this is a time if punished by any sponsors to renew and get the new board to look at better sponsors.

This is also a good time to get rid of the shoite that we have carried in our squad for too long.

We will still have a full house every week as season ticket holders are not going to give them up as we will be moving into Bramley Moore and the prices will stay the same as we will be watching more games, it’s just the TV money losses is going to bite us badly.

interesting times ahead, but all for the wrong reasons!

I understand the sentiment, but some of the fans had their own part to play in this. Those among us who clapped Kenwright on the Jumbotron as Barry Horne waxed lyrical were the harbingers of low standards, pious complacency ("that's Kopite behaviour"), and fellow-travellers of managed decline.

And that's before we talk about those who were wildly off the mark in hyping up players (and some managers) who were incredibly out of their depth - and demonstrably so over time.

As I said, we can all wash our hands, but the club - all of us - needs to take a good look in the mirror. This has been coming for a while.
Please don't blame the fans, even those that clapped Kenwright. Whether they clapped him or not, it wouldn't have changed anything. We are just pawns in this game. He would have continued on his warped journey regardless of a bit of applause. If some fans supported him in the hope that things would improve, then so be it. This mess is certainly not their fault.

Players and manager not good enough for this league. They might do ok in the Championship - Cannon seems to be doing well and he's no better than what we've got. I though Forest were mad changing their entire team when they got promoted, but actually it's a reflection of the gulf in class.

I can’t remember this disillusioned and far from the club I love. The last couple of years has just been a carbon copy repeat of Sunderland and Villas demise

Totally agree with you, I've been in that ground for the last 30 years I love the place and I love the club. But I've nearly stopped going a few times now, I'm totally numb to it, it's expected now.

But I'll dust myself off and I'll be there next year to, it's part of who I am!

All the young ones will turn to Liverpool. It genuinely could be the death of Everton. Myself and everyone on here will be Everton fans till the day they die but it’s about Everton’s future and it looks bleak.

Concerned me for years this. When I was younger (I'm 31 ffs) the split in the city tended to be relatively even. People not really into football supported Liverpool, but football fans it was even split.

They went and got Klopp and won things, we turned into a right basket case. Tide has been turning massively in their favour the past 10 years, murals, advertising. Everything.

Whilst Everton done nothing. Hate this board.

Pretty galling all this, all these years we've been bad but never thought we'd get to this stage.

Gross mismanagement and incompetence on a level never seen before in a multi billion dollar company(that's where the problems are) surely?

The blame lies with whoever it was started handing out these +£100k contracts to players nowhere near champions league level. I thought Moshiri was being a bit tongue in cheek when he said monopoly money but the silly get actually went and treat it like it was and has now almost crippled us.

Absolutely disgusting he's been so unprofessional with the Club.

Yeah last season taught me how much stress/time spent on relegation is just pointless. Also it looks like the board feel the same lol

Concerned me for years this. When I was younger (I'm 31 ffs) the split in the city tended to be relatively even. People not really into football supported Liverpool, but football fans it was even split.

They went and got Klopp and won things, we turned into a right basket case. Tide has been turning massively in their favour the past 10 years, murals, advertising. Everything.

Whilst Everton done nothing. Hate this board.
Very true I look at my little nephew who is 10 and honestly he's barely knows who Everton are, I also ask myself do I want my daughter to have to carry the weight of this crap club with her like i have. Answer is no, it's not looking good for the club's future in that respect.

I'm focusing my disappointment on the NFL now.

Status
Not open for further replies.