Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I would have done that myself. But shape is irrelevant when you show no intent to press, tackle or get forward. That performance was an absolute embarrassment given the circumstances
Our inability to go toe to toe with literally ANYONE in the league shows why we are in this mess in the first place. Lack of forward options means containing performances that saw the wins vs Leeds, Brentford and Arsenal is all we've got in our arsenal

Any team that gets relegated does so because they deserve to.

The table never lies.

I’m hoping that for the first time in Carling Premiership history, the table is lying, is quickly found out and once the true table is published, we find that we’re perfectly safe.

🤞

ETA: And when it’s found to be lying, I hope the table is punished appropriately and processes are put in place to prevent such breaches in trust ever happening again.

Yes… dyche will probably end up with a record as bad or worse than Lampard but let’s blame the most recent in a long line of managers shafted by the club instead of the people actually responsible.
It is possible to think more than one thing at a time.

Lampard should be ashamed of his performance, regardless how appalling his owners

If we go down it’s because we are one of the worst 3 teams in the league. I appreciate the financial ramifications of that but I don’t think it would bankrupt us as some have suggested. We’d get £50million for Onana plus £35 for Pickford. That alone covers the lost revenue from tv money. Plus their wages and Mina, Townsend, Davies, contracts ending saves a further £400k a week, which is £20 million a year. The fact there are several groups pursuing investment in Everton despite the prospect of relegation and a financial investigation tells us people with knowledge of running a football business believe they can make Everton a success.
I absolutely want us to stay up, but I think some of the predictions of dropping to league 1 or rotting in the lower leagues for years is possible but I think we’d be more likely to do what Villa or Newcastle did and come back up after 1 or 2 seasons.
Onana , Pickford , DCL and a few others won’t want to stay at a championship club , we will need them off the wage bill , so we will be forced to accept lower values . All that fair enough and also losing players out of contracts but then we have to build a championship winning squad .
if you don’t do that within the first season your parachute payments ar either gone or hugely less , investors will see all this so won’t be willing to buy in at premier league levels it will be championship levels and then the small matter of £300 million for a half built stadium .
We make huge losses at the moment and will still have players on premier league wages , sponsorship will go down , gate receipts will go down , tv money down …it’s a nightmare downward spiral

Status
Not open for further replies.