Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the impact Doucoure has had since Dyche came in is really underestimated and I knew his suspension would hit us hard. For me, he’s just as important in system as DCL is.

Having both these back will make a huge difference and Everton side is actually a decent team when at full strength, as we seen against Arsenal.

If they both play the rest of the season I think we’ll have enough and even though we’ve put ourselves in a difficult, pressurised situation the team were putting out now is too good to go down and better than the teams around us.

No way. This squad is bad enough to go down. I wouldn’t be surprised if we finished rock bottom.

There’s a reason why we’re at real risk of relegation for the second season running.

We don’t score a goal like the two scored at Elland Road. Nobody determined at the back post for the header and no movement like the Leicester one.

Its called having a striker or players who can score.

Sinisterra has 5 goals and Rodrigo 11. Ours is Gray and McNeil on 4 goals. Closely followed by the Ginger Rat with 3 and he hasn't played for us properly since December ffs

Funny how people are forgetting Southampton and forest.

If soton win Thursday which is probable, they'll be a point behind with the easiest run in of the bottom 5.

I'm concerned about soton.
I don’t think anybody is forgetting about them, but we need to be looking up - not down. If we somehow get overtaken by either Southampton or Forest (or both), we’ll certainly be relegated. If we fail to overtake either Leicester or Leeds, we’ll be relegated. We need to claw ourselves out of this mess without relying on any favours and if we do that then we’ll finish ahead of both Soton and Forest by default.

Agree plus Leeds are probably looking at around -7 goal difference against City and Newcastle

If we don't pull our crap together that could very well be us with a -7 goal difference against Newcastle and City. We are very much capable of absolute capitulation.

Thursday is simply must win and the players have to look at last nights result and see they've been given a massive chance to fire a psychological shot at Leeds and Leicester

No way. This squad is bad enough to go down. I wouldn’t be surprised if we finished rock bottom.

There’s a reason why we’re at real risk of relegation for the second season running.
No one disputes that the squad isn’t strong enough, that’s why we are where we are now however our first 11 is too good to go down IMO and that’s what we have out now.

I expect they will do enough to get us over the line again.

On balance I feel there won’t be any do or die moment against Bournemouth. 31 going into the last game could well see us down already.

If that’s the case I could see a defeat ending the season on 31, which yes could be low enough for rock bottom

I don’t think anybody is forgetting about them, but we need to be looking up - not down. If we somehow get overtaken by either Southampton or Forest (or both), we’ll certainly be relegated. If we fail to overtake either Leicester or Leeds, we’ll be relegated. We need to claw ourselves out of this mess without relying on any favours and if we do that then we’ll finish ahead of both Soton and Forest by default.
Yup, we have enough to worry about than concerning ourselves whether Southampton or Forest go on a run. If that happens we're in a whole heap of sh.it. All we can do is pick up points and hope teams around us continue to falter.

If we don't pull our crap together that could very well be us with a -7 goal difference against Newcastle and City. We are very much capable of absolute capitulation.

Thursday is simply must win and the players have to look at last nights result and see they've been given a massive chance to fire a psychological shot at Leeds and Leicester
I don't agree that Thursday is must win. If we draw against Newcastle and Leicester and Leeds lose away at Bournemouth we'll be above them, still close to Leicester and hopefully above Forest.

It’s time for our players to step up now. Doucoure back, Onana back, Calvert-Lewin back so Dyche has pretty much a full squad to choose from. If we can keep players fit then I’ll be a lot more confident. We beat Arsenal by working harder and than them. Going back to a 4-5-1 with Doucoure back and a focal point to hold the ball up means we should be able to start winning the ball back higher up the pitch and create chances.
A draw last night probably suits us, even if we draw then we’re still in touch with 2 teams above us. It is feasible we could draw our way out of trouble.

I don't agree that Thursday is must win. If we draw against Newcastle and Leicester and Leeds lose away at Bournemouth we'll be above them, still close to Leicester and hopefully above Forest.

ok mate so let's say we draw both and that gets us to 30 points. You confident of winning at Brighton away, Wolves away or City at home, leaving us with a must win match against Bournemouth? Good luck if you are because I'm not

We ain't going to draw our way out of trouble and we are running out of matches to win. Thursday night, Goodison under the lights hopefully with everyone back and available feels to me like the most presentable "must win" game we have.

So tonight we have Forest in a facing Brighton. I honestly don't see Forest (and I hope they don't) getting anything from this game. Then tomorrow we have that big game against Newcastle where I would love even a point from that and hopefully Bournemouth can beat Southampton too.
Point isn't good enough. Puts a ridiculous amount of pressure on the Leicester match.

ok mate so let's say we draw both and that gets us to 30 points. You confident of winning at Brighton away, Wolves away or City at home, leaving us with a must win match against Bournemouth? Good luck if you are because I'm not

We ain't going to draw our way out of trouble and we are running out of matches to win. Thursday night, Goodison under the lights hopefully with everyone back and available feels to me like the most presentable "must win" game we have.
Draw at Brighton, maybe even win at Wolves because they'll be on the beach, then beat Bournemouth at home so either 35 or 37 points, might be enough, might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.