Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel almost numb to it all. It's not confidence, we're too poor to be confident in anything, but it's sapped my energy. There's a part of me that says it's not really that important but then I couldn't sleep for 2 days after Fulham.

For me, it's 50/50 between us and Leeds. We're both poor. We can't score and they can't defend. I'd take all or nothing on the Bournemouth game if offered.

I feel almost numb to it all. It's not confidence, we're too poor to be confident in anything, but it's sapped my energy. There's a part of me that says it's not really that important but then I couldn't sleep for 2 days after Fulham.

For me, it's 50/50 between us and Leeds. We're both poor. We can't score and they can't defend. I'd take all or nothing on the Bournemouth game if offered.
I feel your pain. But Leeds have Spurs in their last game. I’d rather be playing them than Bournemouth

We have 7 games left.

Our last 7 games (when we've been without key personnel for 3 of those games) saw us play Forest (away) Brentford, Chelsea, Spurs, United, Fulham and Palace. We got 7 points from those games.

If we can manage that against those teams (a tally that'd get us to 35 points) then we should be able to get the same again or more with players coming back.

We need one right against the grain as it were. Taking down Newcastle on Thursday would set us up nicely. Beating B'mouth on the final day should be a decent shout. We'd just need another win or couple of draws.
Agree.

35 points would see us safe.

I also agree with those that have Saints and Forest bottom two.

It's between us and Leeds for the last spot Imo. Leicester have some good fixtures and genuine quality to help them get out of trouble.

Leeds were very poor at Fulham. They looked like a Championship side but then so did we the week before against the same opposition.

With key players coming back in I think we will just about survive. We need 3 points minimum before facing Wolves away imo.

I really want some of whatever you are smoking or whatever those happy pills are. It must be like that lovely excited feeling we had as kids waiting for Santa to visit and come down the chimney and leave us presents.
Well if we do go down I'd like those anti-depressants you had to take for the many seasons Villa were a yo-yo club.

Ideally Leeds vs Leicester is a draw to keep them both down there but if one team has to win I'm going with Leicester. I'm all in on Leeds going down instead of us and they will probably be thinking the same towards us!
A Leeds win would be tough on us...but I think that's what will happen, because I dont believe in Leicester. They are way too vulnerable. They've had lots of easier matches than their run in games and been turned over in them all.

My guess is that after Tuesday's match Leicester will be three matches into the Smith regime with 1 win and 2 losses. We'll have a game in hand and worse GD.

If they draw that game then we can leapfrog them both with a win on Thursday...and the next three games offers us a real opportunity to get on top of one or both of them.

A Leicester victory places Leeds into a world of pain. They'd possibly hit the panic button and sack the manager. If they did they'd go with a caretaker as no sane manager of any quality would touch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.