Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Southampton are:
City (h)
Palace (h)
Arsenal (a)

They will do well to get to 26 points after those 3 games. Expect 24 points with 6 games left.

Forest:
Leeds (a)
Villa (a)
United (h)

Not good fixtures for them. And 28/29 points max with 7 to go.

Just a couple of examples….

To please everyone…. If we can get 4 points out of our next 3 games then we are on 30 points with 7 left and 2 of our more difficult games out the way.

I would expect at least 6 if not 7 points in these next 3 games.
If that happens I'll go down on the mother law .She died in 2018.

Southampton are:
City (h)
Palace (h)
Arsenal (a)

They will do well to get to 26 points after those 3 games. Expect 24 points with 6 games left.

Forest:
Leeds (a)
Villa (a)
United (h)

Not good fixtures for them. And 28/29 points max with 7 to go.

Just a couple of examples….

To please everyone…. If we can get 4 points out of our next 3 games then we are on 30 points with 7 left and 2 of our more difficult games out the way.

I would expect at least 6 if not 7 points in these next 3 games.
For a team in the bottom 3 and with still no real striker to get 2 wins and a draw in 3 consecutive games against top half opponents would be great, but seems optimistic. I think we can pull away a bit, but not yet. Might have to grin and bear some ugly league tables for a few more weeks.

For a team in the bottom 3 and with still no real striker to get 2 wins and a draw in 3 consecutive games against top half opponents would be great, but seems optimistic. I think we can pull away a bit, but not yet. Might have to grin and bear some ugly league tables for a few more weeks.
Agree with this. I can easily see our table position get worse before it gets better.

Isn't that generally what new managers do though? Even Benitez had 4 wins and a draw in his first five games. Has Dyche genuinely improved us or will the players slip back into their old habits?
I dont think he's had a bounce. Not a dramatic one where the first number of games are won.

He's notched up points consistently.

Isn't that generally what new managers do though? Even Benitez had 4 wins and a draw in his first five games. Has Dyche genuinely improved us or will the players slip back into their old habits?

In general yes, but not always. Its interesting, you dont typically get a huge bounce from managers so late on.

Think it's a big risk sacking Rodgers IMO.

As for Dyche, we are better than under Lampard, but too early to say beyond that really.

11 Premier League managers sacked in less than one season, things go stale very quickly in football.

It just highlights to me what incredible managers Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger were. To be at one club for so long, and to consistently win over many seasons whilst rebuilding every few seasons is just remarkable. Stellar managers.

12. :eek:

I dont think he's had a bounce. Not a dramatic one where the first number of games are won.

He's notched up points consistently.

I have read a lot of yours posts the last few months dave and you make a lot of sense and I agree with most of what you say.

The one thing I never got was the obsession with Martinez. Surely you see now that he was taking the club backwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.