Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
18 games to go.

To get to 40 points, we need 25 points from those 18.

7 wins, 4 draws and 7 defeats would do it.

Feels a big ask at the moment but new manager/new singings could change things quickly. Maybe.

With the cluster at the bottom, this year you can probably survive at 37 or 38. Still need to find 6 or 7 wins in there. I see scoring as the main challenge. They likely need to get more than 25 goals in those 18 games to get the necessary wins. I just don't see where those goals are going to come from.

Seems likely groundhog day with every home match prediction but desperately need to get 4 points from the back to back Leeds-Villa home games.

Not expecting anything from the next two and not winning either of those games would leave side potentially on 17 points from 24 games. Would be just six home games left so in that scenario would be simply too much to do to get up to 36-37 points imo. The GD is getting worse every week aswell.

18 games to go.

Feels a big ask at the moment but new manager/new singings could change things quickly. Maybe.
Indeed and an even bigger ask if we are asking someone who only got 24 points out of 30 games last season which included beating us.

I think the fans of Bournemouth, Southampton and Leeds are feeling the chances of their team surviving is bleak, that their manager is rubbish, they signed wrong/poor players, the club owners are foolish etc...

Such feelings are normal when you feel everything that can go wrong is going wrong, but regardless, only 3 teams can get relegated, so there is always a chance it will be someone else.

I think the fans of Bournemouth, Southampton and Leeds are feeling the chances of their team surviving is bleak, that their manager is rubbish, they signed wrong/poor players, the club owners are foolish etc...

Such feelings are normal when you feel everything that can go wrong is going wrong, but regardless, only 3 teams can get relegated, so there is always a chance it will be someone else.
The difference is that all 3 of those clubs have signed £20m+ players in the Jan window so there is optimism for them to escape. What have we done? We've brought in no-one and our owner has turned us into the biggest laughest stock in world football

T
The difference is that all 3 of those clubs have signed £20m+ players in the Jan window so there is optimism for them to escape. What have we done? We've brought in no-one and our owner has turned us into the biggest laughest stock in world football
There is still time in the window for a decent manager to join along with players that could improve the starting 11. If that doesn't happen, then it's a clear sign that Moshiri has given up on trying to stay up.

18 games to go.

40 points would easily keep a team up.

I personally reckon 32-35 points might be enough.

Bournemouth, Forest, Southampton, Leeds. I struggle to see any of them getting to 40 points personally.

Maybe a relegation would get that proud "Ever present in the top flight since the 40s" (or whenever we last got relegated), "still a bigger club than Chelsea/City/Villa/etc" and "too big to go down" monkeys off the fans' backs and instil a sense of reality into what they club is in 2023, namely that we're crap and have no right at all to have a seat at the big table or expect success in any competition we enter.

Might do the whole club a great deal in the long run. (clutching at straws with this port obviously)

Giving the additional games to Lampard after the WC is what will cost us ultimately I fear. We threw points away with no need.

The timing of his sacking in the final run-up to the window closing is inexplicable and they've just re-created the mess of a year ago, except this time I wouldn't bank on signings by next Tuesday.

Even with money, we're in the market for players and have no manager, to add to everything else that's wrong. It will be another last minute rush-job with players the manager may not have wanted.

They are just winging it as usual. The running of a club in the most elite and richest of Europe's leagues. Our survival hanging by a thread and the strategy is it will be alright on the night.

It won't. Their bluff has been called.

Apologies if this has already been posted, but the atheletic's prediction on bottom of the table

538_predictions_relegation.png

Status
Not open for further replies.