Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Each of the 27 permutations doesn’t have an equal chance of happening.
Sure, but how much more/less likely do you think some of those are? It's the last day. Something weird usually happens. We just don't know what, yet.

No matter what, I don't think the market price is wrong enough to justify plunking money down, if that's your thing. If you think you know something, feel free. It's not like I have moral qualms about the whole thing. I just don't like having to be right consistently enough to beat the house edge.

Sure, but how much more/less likely do you think some of those are? It's the last day. Something weird usually happens. We just don't know what, yet.

No matter what, I don't think the market price is wrong enough to justify plunking money down, if that's your thing. If you think you know something, feel free. It's not like I have moral qualms about the whole thing. I just don't like having to be right consistently enough to beat the house edge.
Surely it’s more of an emotional hedge than thinking it’s a good bet?

Save us Myra, you’re our only hope

D15A3672-8CE4-4FF0-A731-1BB335CD3D8C.jpeg

Just having five minutes walk down memory lane …
No full backs ( possibly ) and no centre fireworks so if we could take a step back in time who are the candidates to slot in ?
Full backs ,
Mitch Ward , Tony Thomas , Paul Holmes , Marc Hottiger , John O’Kane , Allesandro Pistone , Steve Sargeant
Centre Fireworks ,
John Spencer , Mikel Madar , Brett Angel , Mick Ferguson , Stuart Barlow , Mickey Walsh , Jim Pearson , David Smallman , Eammon O’Keefe
Just something to lighten the stress people …
Personal , honest choice would be ;
Right back , Gary Stevens
Left back , Leighton Baines
Centre Forward , Bob Latchford .

I don’t understand why people think Moyes will rest players with 10 days to go before a cup final.
Agreed. International teams always line up competitive friendlies right up to the start of major tournaments. Whilst it’s different and they need to gel, you can’t wrap the whole team in cotton wool. It’s not like you are going to pick up 14 injuries. One minute it’s all about match sharpness, the next everyone is terrified to play a match?

If West Ham had already played their last PL game, guaranteed they’d be playing a friendly before the final, possibly behind closed doors.

We’ve had players that have barely played all season constantly getting injured in training or in their own house.

Start strong and kill the game off please David. They should have scored 4 last week but they faffed about at the end, and that was a nothing game too.

I've been stalking your forum occasionally across this season, ditto Forest, Leeds and any other side who briefly flirted with relegation across the past few months and I must say yours is the most amusing.

Sure, Leicester has picked up some absolutely moronic fans over the past few years - perhaps more than most. There is certainly an arrogance across some aspects of the club's support too, same with any club in top flight. It's taken Forest fans' less than a season to forget they were knocking around the Football League for two decades doing next to nothing prior to this season. Leicester have been the most successful English club in the past decade outside of a handful of the 'bigger boys'. Sure, prior to that and outside of the 90s, we've very much been a yo-yo club with the odd brief foray. However, the irony of this particular part of the post was something that I simply couldn't allow to go by without comment.

This post is Everton Football Club. Over the past few years alone you have sold:

Stones
Barkley
Lukaku
Gueye (then got him back when he had massively deteriorated)
Richarlison
Gordon (remains to be seen if that was a good move or not)

And replaced them with absolute dross. Any football fan of my age, early 30s, knows Everton has nothing more than a middling Premier League side with a decent history, that is getting further and further away with each passing season.

I imagine you'll stay up this season; we'll find a way to mess it up even if you do fail to beat Bournemouth, but, in all honesty, I think fans of both clubs know that the bottom 4, possibly even 5, all deserve to go this year. Every club outside of the top 6, and now 7 with Newcastle, are a couple of bad transfer windows, an injury crisis, or a negative change in ownership away from relegation. We'll go this year, or next, Leeds the same, Forest also. Everton will, eventually, be flushed.

Perhaps in future though remember that the year is 2023 and you are not the 'great' club you once were. All clubs start their periods of success somewhere and fans of every club has a right to voice their concern when they go from what should have been consecutive top 4 places and an FA Cup win to relegation and the break up of our most successful period in our entire history. We were the talk of the town for a few years, now it's Brighton, next it'll be Fulham, Brentford, or Burnley, or perhaps even Coventry City. Football is cyclical in nature, unless you support Everton over the past few years - in which case it's more Hotel California.

Here's to the clubs outside the top 6 (or 7) continuing to make a name for themselves and disrupting the natural order of things, not living off triumphs that took place under a three day week.
I read the originalmtweet as condemning Everton for doing exactly what you’ve put in bold. compl tongue in cheek

Status
Not open for further replies.