Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People need to realise we are in real real trouble.

Wish I could be even half as optimistic as many others seem to be in this thread. I don't look at a single team in the league and fancy our chances against them, home or away. Wolves at home should be the easiest game we could have and I'm still not confident for it, we are going to need everything to go in our favour and a bit of luck, we aren't going to play them off the park. We can't get a shot on target never mind a goal and we're facing ~20 shots a game, it's awful.

Wish I could be even half as optimistic as many others seem to be in this thread. I don't look at a single team in the league and fancy our chances against them, home or away. Wolves at home should be the easiest game we could have and I'm still not confident for it, we are going to need everything to go in our favour and a bit of luck, we aren't going to play them off the park. We can't get a shot on target never mind a goal and we're facing ~20 shots a game, it's awful.
Plus they might have a new manager bounce.

As I said previously. Twenty three games left. Nine home and away to top seven teams. I can’t see us getting anything in these games. We have already lost to United and Chelsea at home. Others have easily taken points from them at home.

That leaves us with fourteen against the rest. To stay up we need between 6-8 wins and a few draws in these fourteen games.

Considering we have only managed three wins in fifteen this doesn’t look likely.

Currently I have us finishing on between 27-30 points. That more than likely puts joint to second bottom.

For this not to happen three things need to go in our favour.

We have the best transfer window in years during the January window. Sign players who turn our season around and we shoot up the league. Given we have little to spend this seems unlikely.

The current team has a major turn around in form and gets the wins to get us safe. Can anyone actually see that? Unlikely.

Three other teams in the league have a major collapse and don’t get more than twenty seven points. Again unlikely. You can expect one team to collapse but not three.

People need to realise we are in real real trouble.

You’ve posted this exact post about 18 times in this thread since our last game mate, we get it, we’re down.

We are going down. The only thing that MIGHT save us (imo) is another three teams collapsing worse than we do.

I wouldn't even care about going down. Look at the brilliant rebuild and smart business done at Burnley - bringing in a respected manager, offloading high wages and bringing in young stars like Zaroury and Bebsont. Their net spend this season is MINUS £40M and they're probably going to be back in the PL next year. They've only lost something like 2 in 21 games.

Could we at Everton do the same?

We are going down. The only thing that MIGHT save us (imo) is another three teams collapsing worse than we do.

I wouldn't even care about going down. Look at the brilliant rebuild and smart business done at Burnley - bringing in a respected manager, offloading high wages and bringing in young stars like Zaroury and Bebsont. Their net spend this season is MINUS £40M and they're probably going to be back in the PL next year. They've only lost something like 2 in 21 games.

Benson, bloody autocorrect

Not at Circus FC we won't !! We'll be stagnating at the arse end of the championship for a few years. The only thing to keep our fanbase positive is our previous 27 Good Years !!

We've blown it. Hanging onto FLJ is a sure fire guarantee that we are heading down. It won't even by close - we'll struggle to make 30 points this season.
Vault this post.

Fed up of hearing about this bloody stadium.
Moshiri, BK, Board brain dead.Add Frank, but hes worth millions hell be off.

Best grpund in the Championship ,with 30,000if that tp watch us play Rochdale,Wigan, Blackburn Rovers et al.

Get the accountants on it, spend the £100million to get two top class strikers , midfield general.
Otherwise we are gone.

8/10sides in it with us.3 from those and they aint mugs.They will fight tooth and nail.
So its give Frank £100million or a new manager.
Someone has to galvanise this squad as one.

We are deep in the crap and no hiding.

The new stadium, i couldnt care less.Flog it if it means we stay up, i ll stay at the Old Lady.
We need favours to borrow a couple of players.
Start with Juve, do a deal with them on the Moise Kean deal.
Bye pass FFP.We got DCL injured use that.

Fed up of hearing about this bloody stadium.
Moshiri, BK, Board brain dead.Add Frank, but hes worth millions hell be off.

Best grpund in the Championship ,with 30,000if that tp watch us play Rochdale,Wigan, Blackburn Rovers et al.

Get the accountants on it, spend the £100million to get two top class strikers , midfield general.
Otherwise we are gone.

8/10sides in it with us.3 from those and they aint mugs.They will fight tooth and nail.
So its give Frank £100million or a new manager.
Someone has to galvanise this squad as one.

We are deep in the crap and no hiding.

The new stadium, i couldnt care less.Flog it if it means we stay up, i ll stay at the Old Lady.
We need favours to borrow a couple of players.
Start with Juve, do a deal with them on the Moise Kean deal.
Bye pass FFP.We got Dominic Calvert-Lewin injured use that.

Same

Don't mean automatic Promotion, if you don't get up in the 2 seasons you loose the parachute payments and if it's a high wage bill can cause massive problems West Brom are going to be in serious trouble next season and may go into receivership. Its very risky to assume you will be promoted and better to finish 16th.

Only chance we have is if we bring in two quality attackers. The type who will ignore crap tactics and just grab the game by the scruff of the neck and pull us through. Two maestros.

Not likely is it. We’ll bring in a couple of other teams dregs like we did with this summers signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.