Released list

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully expect Williams to go, as he was out on loan last season and the manager doesn't seem to rate him, I think most on here are in agreement.
Well Silva spoke highly of Joe Williams when he arrived after watching him in pre season and Bristol City tried to buy him in the January transfer window but the message was he was not for sale and coming back at the end of the season to our squad. . It’s hard to see him pushing for a first team place , but I think they’ll take another look at him in pre season, balance that with incoming and outgoings and make their decision then .

I think technically they will be released on 1st July, so there is probably still a month of negotiation to happen. I think in terms of the "first team", there is only Jags, Williams and Baines due to expire this year. There are 8 due to expire in 2020 though and some of them may be released this year, if the club just wants to cut their losses and come to some agreement with the player(s)

I fully expect Williams to go, as he was out on loan last season and the manager doesn't seem to rate him, I think most on here are in agreement. Baines will probably resign for another year, if he doesn't we will move for Cresswell, as back up for Digne.
Jagielka i'm not sure on, he is probably 4th choice now but may be worth keeping him round the dressing room for another year. Though he was brought on for the last few minutes in the last home game of the season, which suggests he is off. If so we need 2 CB's in hopefully we sign Zouma, the other CB player we have been linked with is Diego Llorente From Real Sociedad

Cresswell no thanks. What’s the point of wasting money on an aging back-up?

Well Silva spoke highly of Joe Williams when he arrived after watching him in pre season and Bristol City tried to buy him in the January transfer window but the message was he was not for sale and coming back at the end of the season to our squad. . It’s hard to see him pushing for a first team place , but I think they’ll take another look at him in pre season, balance that with incoming and outgoings and make their decision then .
Might mean Ashley rather than Joe.

Why would Cresswell move up one league position to be a back up? No chance that happens.

It could just be paper talk, I think he is from the North West and as he is second choice for West Ham now, the rumours are he would rather be back in the North West, even if that means he is 2nd choice here as well

I was with you until "Cresswell".

I would rather keep baines but we seem to be linked with cresswell

Baines is better than Cresswell, even now.

I agree, but I believe baines has offers from the MLS so might fancy giving it a go over there

I meant Ashley Williams, as his contract is up at the end of June.

Cresswell no thanks. What’s the point of wasting money on an aging back-up?

I think given that the LB's from the u23s have not really impressed we are left with little option. I don't think he's great or anything, we just seem to be linked with him

Would you Adam and Eve it ! Williams has announced he is going into acting and Blue Bill has given him a lead role in this years Panto at The Everyman, written by Blue Bill, produced by Blue Bill, Musical Arrangements by Blue Bill. It puts a whole new spin on Friar Tuck. Its a Kenwrong Production.

There isn't a catapult in existence that could manage that weight...
I’m imagining the catapult or ‘slingshot effect used by nasa whereby they use the spin of the earth to catapult a heavy mass output from the gravitational pull of the earth.

I reckon if enough Evertonians could swing him round and around (preferably by the knackers) that old Moody Williams could be hurtled at sufficient velocity to demolish Koemans gaff and if luck was on our side, might just take melon head Allardyce out in some sort of God sponsored freak accident?

I think given that the LB's from the u23s have not really impressed we are left with little option. I don't think he's great or anything, we just seem to be linked with him

Antonee Robinson has had a very good season in The Championship with Wigan by all accounts. Also broke into the USA senior side so he might be worth a shout for backup to Digne next season.

Antonee Robinson has had a very good season in The Championship with Wigan by all accounts. Also broke into the USA senior side so he might be worth a shout for backup to Digne next season.

USA has spent the last 15 months giving caps to any American player with a pulse because they didn’t have any competitive matchups. They didn’t even have a permanent coach for almost a year. It doesn’t mean much that Robinson played for the national team.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.