Referees v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remarkably we seem to be attracting remarkable inconsistency from the same refs this season and , furthermore, don't get to see again some of those who have cost us points with controversial decisions. Excepting: Stuart Atwell: West Ham (h) 0-1 winning goal from a corner that was wrongly awarded Man City (a) 0-3 Spurs (a) 0-5 Palace (a, FAC) 0-4 (with 2 possibly 3 goals that could have been reviewed) Liverpool (a) 0-2 and plenty of controversy We seem to be missing an 0-6 here Stuart! Will we meet again on Sunday? And Michael Oliver: Kenny 2 yellows in 3 minutes Michael Keane - victim of an instant 2nd yellow for a clumsy challenge Branthwaite - from 30 yards - an instant dismissal having ignored a penalty shout Rondon (well that one is clearly correct) Paul Tierney makes a rick against City with the handball and he's nowhere near another Everton game since. Chris Kavanagh deliberates over the Spurs penalty decision, disallows the penalty and he's nowhere near an Everton game since. Darren England misses the shirt pull at Brentford - again, no Everton games since. Darren Coote Gives Everton questionable penalty at home to Norwich. Not seen again all season.. So how can it be that referees that haven't done Everton any favours are picked again? Oliver 3 in 11 games!?

Just watched MOTD. Richarlison should have had a penalty at 0-0. When he headed the chance wide from Gordon's saved shot, he was nudged whilst in mid-air by the defender (thereby changing the angle of his approach/resulting in him missing the target. That's a foul. It would be given on a keeper and anywhere else on the pitch. Not even mentioned by MOTD. As for the shirt pull; Jenas said no penalty as 'they were both at it'. I could see no evidence of Richarlison having hold of the defender's shirt. Yes, he was tussling for the ball - is that not allowed now? Strangely enough, no one pulled Jenas up for his blatant lie (or maybe he's just very, very stupid)!

“All evens out” the too cool for school, desperate to be seen as impartial brigade on here tell me.
Too royal @BirkenheadBlue, though the actual reality is that anything played in 'real time' can ever even itself out. Ever!
In real time, the whole passage of play is stopped and can never be recaptured as it has become a 'lost moment' in time.

Perhaps we should remind the cretins on here who spout this bilge to do one back to rawk.

Said it before and will say it again. I do honestly believe there is a move to have us relegated because of the financial stuff. Just to make all the questions go away.
You can't have this many decisions go against you without wondering if something is going on.
Yes we know the media darlings get the rub of the green. But this is more. It seems to be every game where we are blatantly getting done over by the ref. Like every game. Does make you wonder.
We may have just got lucky that Leeds and Burnley are actually pants.
I have no doubt in my mind that we are supposed to be relegated this season. Just far far too many wrong decisions gone against us

Said it before and will say it again. I do honestly believe there is a move to have us relegated because of the financial stuff. Just to make all the questions go away.
You can't have this many decisions go against you without wondering if something is going on.
Yes we know the media darlings get the rub of the green. But this is more. It seems to be every game where we are blatantly getting done over by the ref. Like every game. Does make you wonder.
We may have just got lucky that Leeds and Burnley are actually pants.
I have no doubt in my mind that we are supposed to be relegated this season. Just far far too many wrong decisions gone against us

Theres definitely something afoot.

No matter the amount we have been done over, and we have been a lot, we have still been given the chances to be safe and have not took them, we have had many chances to know we could be safe either on game that is about to happen, or knowing for example if we got that win at watford
Cannot disagree with your logic. However, this thread is about bad officiating, and even worse, the controllers of VAR. A system ruled over by Lee Mason under the instruction of Mike Riley. Nuff said.

Just watched MOTD. Richarlison should have had a penalty at 0-0. When he headed the chance wide from Gordon's saved shot, he was nudged whilst in mid-air by the defender (thereby changing the angle of his approach/resulting in him missing the target. That's a foul. It would be given on a keeper and anywhere else on the pitch. Not even mentioned by MOTD. As for the shirt pull; Jenas said no penalty as 'they were both at it'. I could see no evidence of Richarlison having hold of the defender's shirt. Yes, he was tussling for the ball - is that not allowed now? Strangely enough, no one pulled Jenas up for his blatant lie (or maybe he's just very, very stupid)!

Pretty sure Souness said exactly the same thing at half time.

Richarlison had his arm out but I don't think he was pushing or tugging just holding him off and a bit of balance.

The media reaction to this game has been nothing short of laughable. We have actual pundits and referees claiming that grapple on Richarlison wasn't a foul. People are saying these things with a straight face.

Spurs got a VAR overturn yesterday for the most ridiculous handball you'll see. Yet we don't get one for someone having their shirt ripped off. And all the media seem to care about is Lampard getting a fine. If they charge Lampard again then we need to employ the best lawyers in the country and get the FA and PGMOL taken to the cleaners in court.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but the evidence suggests that the media and the referees want us to go down. We've not been good enough, but the level of officiating in our games this season has been so bad that it's becoming difficult to put it just down to incompetence. If it's just incompetence then it's frightening how poor they have been and in the era with video replays.

It doesn't feel right at all. I feel sick to my stomach today.

Status
Not open for further replies.