Ref for the Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I honestly think the referees have become too high profile. Many think the game is about them.

I never understand why they lead players out onto the pitch and grab the match ball. In yesteryear they came out way after the players and that’s how it should be.
We shouldn’t even know their bleedin names.

We have been for donkeys years mate,even back to the glory days 1984-87,we never got given anything then,everything we got we earned,I still say we should have acted stronger as a club around the European ban.
Agreed - if a ban like that was imposed to an innocent party nowadays - could you see the likes of Chelsea, City and Utd rolling over - no, me neither - their legal teams would be all over it like a rash - and rightly so.

Time for Silva to grow a spine and publicly sound out the serial diving of certain RS players - I know it backfired on Moyes, but he needs to sow the seed and hopefully dissuade Mr Tvvatkinson from soft penos.
Klopp will get his massive teeth in first. He's going to say that Everton are going to be very physical and his little ballerinas will need the ref's protection.

Klopp will get his massive teeth in first. He's going to say that Everton are going to be very physical and his little ballerinas will need the ref's protection.
Likely he will be a tad more subtle. He'll come out and say that the derby is always a physical battle and that Everton will be more suited to that sort of competition. - subtly sends the ref a message.
His comments about this being our World Cup final could not be more misplaced. this is almost a dead rubber for us. For them it matters in the title race of course.

...I honestly think the referees have become too high profile. Many think the game is about them.

I never understand why they lead players out onto the pitch and grab the match ball. In yesteryear they came out way after the players and that’s how it should be.
Clive Thomas should go and find his whistle again Eggs;)lol

I guess it's a matter of showcasing authority to gain some respect.

We're too nice - we need to start fighting dirty then maybe our luck will change
I've said that for years, since that time Collinia shafted us in the champions league, how on earth did we just role with that, obvious corruption from the very top from the drawing of the teams to the game and appointment of a retired ref only for him to retire again after the game, I am still fumin at that whole thing and not a peep from the club apart from Moyes years later accusing them if fixing the draw, too late to do anything, I'd have been onto Interpol over it the most obvious fix ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.