Recruitment, recruitment, recruitment....

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also have to get rid of players who are no good to us, as we just seem to hang on to these has-beens forever. That's about 50% of our current squad.

Good post, but Cahill, Arteta and Pienaar should be in a category of their own called Outstanding given their cost and overall contribution.

williams hasnt been helped with jags as his partner and stek as his keeper, i think he was very much a 'get what you see' signing
I wanted him here 100%. Hand on heart though I cant say I've been overly impressed. Did well against City when it was all hands to the pumps, but not really as dominant as I thought he'd be. £9M looks on the steep side right now.

I wanted him here 100%. Hand on heart though I cant say I've been overly impressed. Did well against City when it was all hands to the pumps, but not really as dominant as I thought he'd be. £9M looks on the steep side right now.
Don't you think its Jags really poor form that is exposing AW at the minute? Someone like Holgate next to him who has got the legs could bring the best out of Williams.

who signed him then?

...I have no idea who the instigator for this transfer was. But there's no way an Everton manager would pay out that cash on Niasse and not play him, even though the problems on the pitch dictated we needed fresh impetus. It just does not make sense - and all other RMs signings he was effusive about...I saw no evidence of that when Niasse came in. there might be some comment he made about watching him a few times and tracking him for a while, but it sounds hollow to me.

Regardless of Naisse, though, Everton will rake in much more money from Martinez's signings than they paid out...and the development and sale/future sale of Stones and Barkley will hand Everton a massive amount of cash that will no doubt be Koeman's transfer kitty in the first two seasons he's here.

Don't you think its Jags really poor form that is exposing AW at the minute? Someone like Holgate next to him who has got the legs could bring the best out of Williams.
Jagielka is poor. But that cant be used to explain William's lack of authority here at Everton. He looks a shadow of the player he was at Swansea. I hope it;s not a case of Swansea knowing something we didn't when they sold him: that he was basically shot fitness wise.

...I have no idea who the instigator for this transfer was. But there's no way an Everton manager would pay out that cash on Niasse and not play him, even though the problems on the pitch dictated we needed fresh impetus. It just does not make sense - and all other RMs signings he was effusive about...I saw no evidence of that when Niasse came in. there might be some comment he made about watching him a few times and tracking him for a while, but it sounds hollow to me.

Regardless of Naisse, though, Everton will rake in much more money from Martinez's signings than they paid out...and the development and sale/future sale of Stones and Barkley will hand Everton a massive amount of cash that will no doubt be Koeman's transfer kitty in the first two seasons he's here.

he couldnt play him, he had a wrist injury dave

9m on the steep side?

9m now is basically what 5m was when we bought Distin. That's not steep.

he couldnt play him, he had a wrist injury dave
...exactly mate, 'wrist injury'. As if a cast couldn't sort that out.

I'd love to know the full details of this signing. It sounds pretty dodgy to me. Maybe that's why Koeman is so adamant he wants him out the club? I've never seen a manager go on a mission to get rid of a player like this, so maybe that's why.

...exactly mate, 'wrist injury'. As if a cast couldn't sort that out.

I'd love to know the full details of this signing. It sounds pretty dodgy to me. Maybe that's why Koeman is so adamant he wants him out the club? I've never seen a manager go on a mission to get rid of a player like this, so maybe that's why.

it'll come out in bobby or bills book, both blaming each other for the waste of money!

It's a good point....

And unless your City or Chelsea, player trading is a very important part of evolving as a football club. the days of players staying more that 1 contract are over.....

I am not sure I agree with that tbh..

From our current team, we have kept loads of players more than one contract....
Baines, Mirallas, Barkley, Jagielka, Coleman etc

That was something we did before we had money, now there is a new landscape to work with, we can buy players, not sell and still have a positive annual income so I would say the era of multiple contract players is very much with us still, as there is not a requirement for selling to buy.

This for me would explain why we are willing to keep players that are surplus to requirements like Gibson.. basically it's no real biggie if we keep him or not and its preventing us buying players etc so better to have in the squad than not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.