Reasons to be positive about this season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to say “People don’t have to pay to watch the dying throws of a uninspiring season” and I was reminded of being at a dire Omagh Town v Coleraine game in the dead of winter, two guys were leaving the stand ten minutes before half time to get to the bar early and somebody shouted to the policeman on the gate “Stop them boys, they are seeking out without watching”.

Player wise:

???
??? Holgate Branthwaite Digne
??? ??? ??? Gordon
Richarlison DCL
Two players better off since the restart.

This, and the fact that we have a world-class manager that will demand world-class play and bring it out from anyone capable of it.

The most positive thing for me is that at last the myth that Everton players found it hard getting motivated at Goodison because of us, the paying customers, has been well and truly debunked.

These behind closed doors performances have been more lifeless than most we have seen when the Old Lady has been packed to the rafters.

Don't worry. These poor performances will be blamed on not having the support of the fans and the poor performances in front of the fans will be blamed on the fans not supporting them well enough.

Regardless of circumstance there will always be some blaming the fans for not being an idealised version that doesn't and never has actually existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.