Reasons to be positive about this season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are lots of reasons to be optimistic.

The weakness are very obviously in midfield. In most other areas we have good players but may lack cover in one or two places.
Pickford, needs a kick in the.... but can be a very good keeper.
Holgate, is maturing into a defender of the highest quality.
Digne, a fine full back.
Richarlison, I don't think he has been great since the restart but we saw earlier in the year what he can do.
DCL, pretty much the same as Richarlison
Gordon, a very positive addition.
Keane, has his critics but has been very very good under CA and looks worth every penny of what was paid for him at the moment.
Coleman, I think he has returned to form at the moment.

These are the players the team will be built on even though players like Coleman and Keane may not play every game.
We have a manager whose pedigree can't be questioned.
It does appear that Moshiri is again prepared to put his hand in his pocket to support his manager.

In my opinion the introduction of a dynamic, hard working and creative midfield would transform this team completely.

Its ending in two games its been so painful apart from when Duncan put some fight in us -
The Dunc game against Chelsea was the highlight of our season and will rightly be remembered as a special day.

As for positives going forward, only one really; in Carlo we finally have a manager who can turn this club around.

I would rather just forget about this season and move on. A lot to look forward to, let's just hope Carlo gets the money he needs to fix the midfield and find quality pieces to add depth.

Hopefully we can officially relegate Bournemouth with the final game.

Just wish it was Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.