reality check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really sure why anybody should need a “reality check”.

This season was always the first part of a journey under Ancelotti. Given the utter mess of last season I’d be satisfied with a top 8 finish and ending the season better than we finished the last. Despite how rank we’ve been in the past four games we will still find ourselves in the top 8 come next weekend.

Sadly some fans seem to either think their team is going to win the Prem or get relegated with no in between, and zero patience.
So a reality check is required for us to expect a team to go from 12th, to 6th with a world renowned manager, no doubt in the top 5 highest paid managers in the world (I think Im right saying this?). We signed four players in the summer, one in particular, at world class level, and we need a reality check? Wolves finished their first season in the league in 7th. Championship to 7th. Leeds, I believe will go from championship to top 10. Why are we saying that we should just be happy with a measly 8th/9th. Which by the way, we appear really far away from. The reality check is that we've actually had a superb run of fixtures. 9 games in, we've played Spurs away, which is now looking like a peculiar result, and something I have no doubt we would get zero from if we played them right now. That is comfortably their worst performance of the season. Liverpool at home aside, which we were extremely lucky to get a point from, weve got one point from any of the teams in the current top 14. We have some fixtures coming up in December more difficult than what we've been facing ad then we will see where we are at . Where we are right now is not all that true considering what I believe, is a very good start fixture wise.

Pure frustration that's all it is. Nobody wants the club to fail, just fans saying the same thing...just why the eff do we bother?
If I thought about it long enough, I may find out why, as someone in their late sixties, I acted like a twelve year old last evening when the final whistle went. I'm wondering if it was reading the list of clubs who have won honours since we last did. It truly is pathetic that a club the stature, history and fanbase as ours hasn't had a cup in those 25 years.
The really sad thing, I can imagine this same conversation going on in ten years time.

I do apologise, Im sure it was me that created said list...

You want a reality check? We have played some good games and some bad games. Carlo has brought in 3 players to add to the mostly gash squad he took over. We are five points off the top of the league.

that’s is lads, our best 11 can compete, but below that they remain mostly gash.

You want a reality check? We have played some good games and some bad games. Carlo has brought in 3 players to add to the mostly gash squad he took over. We are five points off the top of the league.

that’s is lads, our best 11 can compete, but below that they remain mostly gash.
we will be 12th by boxing day, reality check that.

Reality check. James and allan are nearing 30. Their best days are now, not in two years time.

Reality check, if we don't achieve anything this season then Richarlison and Digne possibly calvert lewin will be looking to leave the club this summer.

Reality check, despite a good start to the season mainly as a result of feel good factor of big name signings. The team has got progressively worse and looks increasingly bad at the back game by game.

Reality check, the likelihood of the squad being better next season than it is this season is very unlikely considering all of the above and also bearing in mind our recent annual losses and possible financial fair play sanctions.

This year was the year for us to perform. The squad was there it seemed, the quality was there. But the tactics and motivation have been second rate and second best whenever any questions have been asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.