reality check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we ever played well with 3 at the back. We’ve had quite a few gaffers try it now and it never works, for me.

Luckily, everyone is capable of beating each other this season so we still have a good chance of finishing in a decent position. Carlo just needs to swerve the 3 in defence.

go and check the posts. Oh wait I’m making it up. If you only have negative things to say about a club you support why bother?
People are frustrated Matty. The reasons are we haven’t won a trophy for 25 years. We still cling on to parts of our history that were a big club with periods of success but we all know we need to get in the mix soon with the top clubs competing in Europe. We’ve had huge investment in the last 5 years and are no better than when Davie moyes was here doing it on a shoestring. Fans are frustrated that things aren’t improving and we see teams like Leeds, who were in the championship, wolves too a few years back and now Southampton looking like better teams than us. People aren’t being negative, we’re just venting as to why this is happening. This “get behind the lads” is a load of crap. If Carlo Ancelotti and the players need fans to post a load of positivity on a forum for them to perform then they’re in the wrong game.
Everyone wants the same thing, we’re all passionate and desperate for success. Our expectations have changed quite rightly since we have now invested more than most in the league, teams who will no doubt finish above us, and we’ve got one of the highest paid managers in the league. It’s not negativity mate.

Not really sure why anybody should need a “reality check”.

This season was always the first part of a journey under Ancelotti. Given the utter mess of last season I’d be satisfied with a top 8 finish and ending the season better than we finished the last. Despite how rank we’ve been in the past four games we will still find ourselves in the top 8 come next weekend.

Sadly some fans seem to either think their team is going to win the Prem or get relegated with no in between, and zero patience.

They're not ripping it up, are they? We obviously aren't as good as we thought a few weeks ago, but we'll come out of this bad spell and I haven't given up.

I still think we'll be competitive if the likes of Richi and James are up for it.

Doesn’t matter what they are doing or how well we are playing.

Last season their reserve team knocked us out.

And this downward spiral all started with the RS.

We had a 100% record, they were coming off a seven goal defeat.

A great opportunity to whack them....but oh, no. Not us.

We go a goal down inside a couple of minutes, pick up injuries, suspensions and bad publicity which all combined to shatter our early season optimism.

So, no...if we draw them tomorrow night I would say our season once more will finish in January (because I can’t see us beating United in the Caribou Cup either :().

Doesn’t matter what they are doing or how well we are playing.

Last season their reserve team knocked us out.

And this downward spiral all started with the RS.

We had a 100% record, they were coming off a seven goal defeat.

A great opportunity to whack them....but oh, no. Not us.

We go a goal down inside a couple of minutes, pick up injuries, suspensions and bad publicity which all combined to shatter our early season optimism.

So, no...if we draw them tomorrow night I would say our season once more will finish in January (because I can’t see us beating United in the Caribou Cup either :().

that’s the spirit

People are frustrated Matty. The reasons are we haven’t won a trophy for 25 years. We still cling on to parts of our history that were a big club with periods of success but we all know we need to get in the mix soon with the top clubs competing in Europe. We’ve had huge investment in the last 5 years and are no better than when Davie moyes was here doing it on a shoestring. Fans are frustrated that things aren’t improving and we see teams like Leeds, who were in the championship, wolves too a few years back and now Southampton looking like better teams than us. People aren’t being negative, we’re just venting as to why this is happening. This “get behind the lads” is a load of crap. If Carlo Ancelotti and the players need fans to post a load of positivity on a forum for them to perform then they’re in the wrong game.
Everyone wants the same thing, we’re all passionate and desperate for success. Our expectations have changed quite rightly since we have now invested more than most in the league, teams who will no doubt finish above us, and we’ve got one of the highest paid managers in the league. It’s not negativity mate.

I’m not doubting we’re all frustrated mate. You know moshiri has come he’s backed everyone and is doing everything to get us back again.

it will come mate. But when we have the same posters saying the same stuff every single week it’s depressing and boring.

Have we ever played well with 3 at the back. We’ve had quite a few gaffers try it now and it never works, for me.

Luckily, everyone is capable of beating each other this season so we still have a good chance of finishing in a decent position. Carlo just needs to swerve the 3 in defence.

Beat Burnley 5-2 in Silvas first season using 3 at back

Beat Burnley 5-2 in Silvas first season using 3 at back

Still conceded 2 against a team that don’t score many goals, in what should be a more protective formation. I’m not convinced on it, it doesn’t help that we don’t have any left footed CBs to balance out the 3. Plus we had a right footed LWB and a right footed winger all in the side yesterday.

The more I think about it, the more I think it was an absolutely ridiculous decision by Carlo to even play that formation.

When we won those matches on the spin at the start of the season this forum was a happy place, we all knew we weren’t going to win the league but we were pleased to see Everton playing with a purpose and players trying. Confidence was high, people could see a cup win coming our way.
Now we lose 4 out of 5 and people are disappointed, they have every reason to be disappointed. We look like the team of a year ago. I can’t understand people chastising others for expressing that disappointment, do they want us to be happy with one win in five. If you feel that to be a supporter of a club is to be happy no matter what they place in front of you I think you are selling yourself short. To me Everton go beyond a football club and that is a big reason I lend them my support but I also want them to be successful, I want to see good players playing well.
Our criticism is an essential part of the club, players, staff etc. need to be held accountable, they need to know they are letting people down.Support is a two way process, you accept the plaudits when you are doing well but you accept criticism when you aren’t provided both are measured and warranted.

Status
Not open for further replies.