reality check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weve had 30 years of reality checks. I'd like the reality to change at some point.

We are the most predictable team in English football. Not been relegated in about 60 years thankfully and far too good always to go down. But nowhere near good enough to ever actually challenge in the top 6 or so or to win something.

Genuinely don't see the point of us at the minute. We exist to plod along doing absolutely nothing of note. If we get into a good position, we take two steps back. Nothing will ever change.

The frustration is that this is the best team we’ve had in years and we have a world class manager and if we don’t have a good season we will likely lose Richarlison and possibly DCL and then be somewhat back to square one.

In truth, we’ve won every game where we’ve had our first team out and played some beautiful football at times but sadly with Digne out for at least a couple months we need a better plan B.

we're 6th to 10th at best this season, unless we get some serious investment.

i'm quite happy with carlo and the style of football he plays and have no delusions of grandeur.

please can we just stop judging the team as if they are anything other than world-beaters.
6th, 7th or even 8th isn't a big deal given where we have been except that our big signings last summer were 29, 29 and 27. We just don't have time to build given that choice.

we're 6th to 10th at best this season, unless we get some serious investment.

i'm quite happy with carlo and the style of football he plays and have no delusions of grandeur.

please can we just stop judging the team as if they are anything other than world-beaters.
I would be happy if we had a normal wage structure in the team. As it stands, what we are paying those footballers is shocking for the level of performance they give us. That's the issue really for me. Between Mina and Gomes is nearly 300 grand per week!!!!

The frustration is that this is the best team we’ve had in years and we have a world class manager and if we don’t have a good season we will likely lose Richarlison and possibly DCL and then be somewhat back to square one.

In truth, we’ve won every game where we’ve had our first team out and played some beautiful football at times but sadly with Digne out for at least a couple months we need a better plan B.

And this.

This year was the chance to do something. We didnt push the boat out in the window when we started well then we got injuries and suspensions and have fell off a cliff.

If we cant do anything this year then we probably won't for the foreseeable and will lose players.

Weve had 30 years of reality checks. I'd like the reality to change at some point.

We are the most predictable team in English football. Not been relegated in about 60 years thankfully and far too good always to go down. But nowhere near good enough to ever actually challenge in the top 6 or so or to win something.

Genuinely don't see the point of us at the minute. We exist to plod along doing absolutely nothing of note. If we get into a good position, we take two steps back. Nothing will ever change.
Since that first Martinez season we’ve yo-yo’d, we had two low finishes then Koeman laboured to 7th, Allardyce slept walked to 8th, Silva dropped us back down and Carlo initially dragged us back up till and briefly after the league paused till we fell back

Status
Not open for further replies.