REACTION: Everton Draw BSC Young Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young Boys just released the ticketinfo, which says the following:

- whole sector B will be used for guest-fans (approx 5000+ seats)
- this sector will be sold exclusively via Everton FC for CHF 45 (GBP 26)
- for all other sectors, the ticket-sales starts 19JAN, 0800 (0700 UK Time)
- owners of season-cards (approx 1/3 of the stadium-capacity), have a pre-purchase right on their own seat until 31JAN
- after 31JAN, all not confirmed tickets of season-card-holders will be released for general sales

If you intend to buy tickets directly from Youngboys, you can do that directly in the internet, payment by CC, online-tickets can be printed at home or downloaded to your smartphone.

At the very same thursday, there will be the start of carneval in Bern, you'll have fun for sure! ;-)

Leaflet (in german) of BSC Young Boys, regarding ticket-sales for the Euroleague
http://www.bscyb.ch/cgi-bin/dynamisch/yb-everton-preise.pdf

Maybe our club will inform of of this in a couple of weeks time, the fat ladies in the ticket office do take their time, like every other aspect of our commercial depts. merchandise, catering, totally unmanaged , unsupervised unmotivated amateurs.

You don't need the green card anymore in the EU you just need to notify (phone call) your insurer to inform them you are travelling within the EU.

I would check with your own individual insurer as some companies do still issue green cards and if you don't have it your insurance will be classed as third party only, also the winter tyre rule is correct I drove to Hannover and was supposed to have them but as yozzer123 says just drive sensibly and you'll be ok

I would check with your own individual insurer as some companies do still issue green cards and if you don't have it your insurance will be classed as third party only, also the winter tyre rule is correct I drove to Hannover and was supposed to have them but as yozzer123 says just drive sensibly and you'll be ok

driving through France can get pricey with toll roads - and Switzerland will make you pay a road tax as soon as you enter the country.

A few friends and me drove to watch Young Boys play Napoli in the group stages and the traffic getting to Bern on the motorway was very congested. It took us about three hours from Basel (less than 100 miles), we missed the first half an hour.

driving through France can get pricey with toll roads - and Switzerland will make you pay a road tax as soon as you enter the country.

A few friends and me drove to watch Young Boys play Napoli in the group stages and the traffic getting to Bern on the motorway was very congested. It took us about three hours from Basel (less than 100 miles), we missed the first half an hour.

True, but this day was the worst day for years, because of accidents and rough weather...I myself also missed the first half because of this miserable traffic, but usually Basel-Bern or Zürich-Bern by car should not take longer than 90min.

Young Boys just released the ticketinfo, which says the following:

- whole sector B will be used for guest-fans (approx 5000+ seats)
- this sector will be sold exclusively via Everton FC for CHF 45 (GBP 26)
- for all other sectors, the ticket-sales starts 19JAN, 0800 (0700 UK Time)
- owners of season-cards (approx 1/3 of the stadium-capacity), have a pre-purchase right on their own seat until 31JAN
- after 31JAN, all not confirmed tickets of season-card-holders will be released for general sales

If you intend to buy tickets directly from Youngboys, you can do that directly in the internet, payment by CC, online-tickets can be printed at home or downloaded to your smartphone.

At the very same thursday, there will be the start of carneval in Bern, you'll have fun for sure! ;-)

Leaflet (in german) of BSC Young Boys, regarding ticket-sales for the Euroleague
http://www.bscyb.ch/cgi-bin/dynamisch/yb-everton-preise.pdf

can someone tweet this at Everton........its like there whole world knows the ticket situation except them........just totally embarrassing when we end up with 2000 empty seats......

driving to this one.
anyone know how much the the tolls will cost on the roads from calais to bern?
and does it cost to enter switzerland?

driving to this one.
anyone know how much the the tolls will cost on the roads from calais to bern?
and does it cost to enter switzerland?
Well I guess if you go on to AA route planner Europe and put your starting point finishing point in it will give you the exact toll charges through France, I drive frequently Calais /Basle and French tolls average about 75 Euros. Once you enter Switzerland at the border they will make you buy a 12 month sticker for 40 euros. Avoid at all costs going through Germany, you will spend days in traffic jams but no tolls !

Well I guess if you go on to AA route planner Europe and put your starting point finishing point in it will give you the exact toll charges through France, I drive frequently Calais /Basle and French tolls average about 75 Euros. Once you enter Switzerland at the border they will make you buy a 12 month sticker for 40 euros. Avoid at all costs going through Germany, you will spend days in traffic jams but no tolls !

Not saying you're wrong and it won't happen in Feb, but when i drove through Switzerland back in September i never needed to actually buy a pass.

thanks for the reply.

the quickest route seems to be:
Calais -> Troyes (A26)
Troyes-> Dijon (E17)
Dijon -> Bern (A39, N5, E23, E25)

i just hope the weather isn't too bad!

Not saying you're wrong and it won't happen in Feb, but when i drove through Switzerland back in September i never needed to actually buy a pass.
It really depends if anyone is manning the border crossing, depends where you cross, Basle/Muhlhausen crossing is permanently manned and they will always insist on you buying the sticker, if you cross elsewhere you may be lucky but if for any reason you are stopped on the motorway whether because of speeding, breakdown or accident and you don't have the sticker you will get a massive fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.