RB Leipzig / Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
The three players you mention are all low cost / high potential players that we bought and then sold on for a decent profit. Add into that the likes of Braithwaite, DCL, Holgate and then others in the wings such as Ben Gibson. Even the big money signing of Richarlison has been a wise investment under the model you describe.

Trouble is the whole shebang is a little more complicated than just doing that. It's not a new fangled model that nobody has ever thought of. A huge part of RBL's rise into the Bundesliga has been their huge spending power in comparison to other lower league German sides due to them binning off the traditional ownership structure within German football.

It's easy to look at their success from a distance and compare to Evertons failures. Do you think Everton signing Lookman for £10M from Charlton and flogging the bit part sulker that he was to RBL for £18M where he has done nothing since is a good example of RBL working that model?

Or do you just mention their successes in comparison to Everton's failures and vice versa ignore their failures and ignore Everton's successful applications of this "model"?

I didn't particularly go into any detail because frankly I can't be arsed.

Delph I agree with. Iwobi was a panic buy which is always worrying but I'm sure we haven't seen the best of him. We all expected far too much of Kean too quickly. I believe he will turn out to be a very good buy. I'm also hopeful on Gbamin. But overall I look at this squad of players and think we're in a much better shape than before Brands joined us.

Last season we had our first choice midfield wiped out with injury. Few teams could cope with that. We also, in my opinion, had a very raw deal with refereeing decisions and VAR. They say these even out over a season but last year didn't for us. These things effect confidence which, as you know, is one of the biggest causes of loss of form.

I've seen enough of Bernard to know he can have a good partnership with Digne on the left. Kean and Iwobi have both at times shown signs of what they can do in a team collectively playing with confidence. A fully fit Gbamin and Gomes will transform our midfield. Pickford can be a decent keeper if he can get his head straight again.

A lot of ifs and buts in there, but I'm one of the few on here who believe things aren't as bad as they seem. With this squad we have now we're probably no better than top 8. But three, maybe four shrewd signings in the right area's, plus a change of luck with injuries and refereeing decisions, could see us really push on in my view.

....general agreement with that summary, Fred.

How Everton under Brands / Ancelotti should be run. Will it probably not as fans are desperate for immediate success and marquee expensive signings.

Rangnick decided on a style of play RB Leipzig wished to pursue and then scouted and signed players to fulfil those requirements - all exclusively 23 or younger, all keen to develop.

"We are looking for young, talented and hungry players," explains Krosche.

"We are not willing to pay an enormous amount of money for so-called football stars, we want to find and develop the stars of tomorrow."

How Everton under Brands / Ancelotti should be run. Will it probably not as fans are desperate for immediate success and marquee expensive signings.

Rangnick decided on a style of play RB Leipzig wished to pursue and then scouted and signed players to fulfil those requirements - all exclusively 23 or younger, all keen to develop.

"We are not willing to pay an enormous amount of money for so-called football stars, we want to find and develop the stars of tomorrow."
Imagine if Everton could sell everybody and start again?

Thats how you do a Soft Drink FC.

Add the lax work permit rules and the 5 or 6 feeder clubs and yeah, we ain't ever doing a Soft Drink.

200.gif

To some we seem bereft of a plan...
But reading this article shows what a plan can achieve.

Can Everton replicate this model given that we in theory have a massive head start in terms of progress in where we want to be.

Seems simple doesn't it?? :Blink:

We’d need to get rid of lot of people:
Brands, Unsworth, John Ebbrell, Paul Tait, DBB, Kenwright. Sasha, a lot of our scouts.

And Replace them with people who all have the same goal, in a dictatorship with one clear leader.

Yeah Yeah - couldn't happen in the Prem...
But beat Mourinho led Spurs and now Simeone led Athleti in Champions League.
With youngsters, having continously sold their better players.
They have a plan.
Where is ours, why can't we replicate this?

Surely all that is missing is hunger, belief and backing young talented players so they get better.

Is that simple? If not what am I missing ?

Henry Winter on twitter...

Four and a bit years ago Julian Nagelsmann was coaching Hoffenheim Under-19s. Now he’s guided RB Leipzig into the semi-finals of the Champions League, outwitting Diego Simeone. Tactically smart, bold, sets the right mood and tempo amongst his players. And he’s only 33. #RBLATL

Henry Winter on twitter...

Four and a bit years ago Julian Nagelsmann was coaching Hoffenheim Under-19s. Now he’s guided RB Leipzig into the semi-finals of the Champions League, outwitting Diego Simeone. Tactically smart, bold, sets the right mood and tempo amongst his players. And he’s only 33. #RBLATL
There is a leipzig thread over on world football where it belongs

I’m a massive fan of young Pickworth, whoever he is.

Also the thought of finding anyone to fork out >30m for Iwobi.

Pickford... stupid auto-correct.
Re Iwobi, you can't win them all, show me a club who gets every incoming spot on... looked like a panic buy, but he is young, and with time can get better.

This is it I think.
This is the issue, they are culpable for trying to bridge the gap by overpaying on Decent Players from poor teams, and not quite good enough players from better teams, and hoping we bridge the massive gap caused by under investment over the years to bring some progress and success.
Shame really, we came from a period of having nothing and should really have planned better than throwing money at average and hoping it succeeded.

Kudos to all those at RB Leibzig for having the vision and commitment, patience to see it through so far.

Hope we can replicate their successful model of seeing younger players given a chance to succeed, and abandon the buy certain calibre that see us as a step down, or big pay day to not care too much for us.

The problem with shelling out large transfer fees for younger players on not huge wages is you need them to improve pretty dramatically to make any real difference. If Richarlison just plodded along like his Watford tenure we probably would have gotten our money back. Iwobi? Who on Earth would give us £30m for him? Terrible buy and it's going to really hurt us with FFP. That lad who went to Leeds for about £3m would have been a good wager. If he gets good we have a good chunk towards FFP if he's sold. If he's a bust it's £3m, not that terrible. We could double Richarlison's transfer fee and most of the profit would be wiped away because of Iwobi.

Brands seriously needs to start doing what he was brought here to do and start finding the actual gems, not players who cost £30-40m because it's a terrible gamble that one bad move(ie: Iwobi) really ruins what you are trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.